PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

WVOldFart

Lifer
Sep 1, 2021
Eastern panhandle, WV
I will admit that I don't particularly like cherry blends. I know they are popular because every tobacco co. has to make at least one cherry blend. Paladin Black Cherry has been around since Christ was a Private and probably was one of the original aromatic blends. Over a year ago I was making my tobacco order and thought I'd give Paladin a try just for something different. When I opened the pouch I was met with this cherryish smell and thought Oh God this is going to be as bad as some of it's reviews. In one of it's many versions it might have tasted like Black Cherry, but in today's version I could only get a faint cherry taste occassionally. I had to send out a search party to find the cherry flavor and I did find it sometimes in a retro. As a cherry blend I would say that Paladin Black Cherry isn't that great, but as a pleasant smoke, I enjoy it. You might not get cherry, but you do get a fine Burley taste. The taste is mild, doesn't bite, burns slow and to me, it is a pleasant smoke. I finished the pouch and ordered a tub to have around. I don't believe that jiminks has ever reviewed Paladin, but I would be interested in his thoughts. His taste buds are much more refined than mine. Don't get Paladin as a cherry blend, but as a basic Burley with some Virginia blend. It might have been cherry at one time, but not today.