PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
Hit the antique stores again this weekend. Got a hell of a deal. I got a 9 pipe pipe rack and the pipes to go with it for $82.50. Originally wanted $95 and talked them down to $75, but didn't have enough cash on hand so an extra 10% for credit and we ended with $82.50. I don't think I could have gotten a better deal and couldn't pass it up.
Below is 5 Grabows. 4 in pretty good shape. From top down. Grabow Free Hand, Grabow Royal Duke, Grabow Silver Duke, Grabow Omega and finally Grabow Viscount. The Viscount is in rought shape (cracked bowl and nasty bit). All the rest are ready to go with minimal cleaning.
DSC01023.jpg

In this one from top down is a

Jima from France (Plastic outter bowl and metal spring like filter, dont care for this one too much),

Krisswell from France (Pretty rough shape but a good restoration and it will be good to go)

No Name Briar (This pipe is practically brand new and love the Lucite stem, new favorite pipe)

Jobey Asti #124 (Great condition, like new as well)
DSC01024.jpg

And this is the rack it all came in.
DSC01025.jpg

Any information on the pipes would be appreciated. Anyone who just has to have the Jima let me know. It's just not for me.
Let me know what guys think.

mlaug

Part of the Furniture Now
May 23, 2010
Iowa
I have some Kriswill pipes and they are all good smokers! Kriswills are Danish, unless your "Krisswell" is something different.
Does your pipe still have the snowflake logo on the stem?

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
No Snowflake. I tried hard to see remnants because it is heavily used but I can't see anything. It is stamped "France." I did some research and t appears that Kriswells were made in France at some point.

teamhavoc28

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2010
Wow, you did get a good deal. I was expecting pipes but the rack was a stunner. you cleaned them out I think.

htmn246

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 11, 2010
I have a pipe rack very much like yours with a tobaco jar in the center. But alas no great haul of pipes such as you aquired.

Status
Not open for further replies.