PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cosmicbobo

Part of the Furniture Now
May 11, 2017
Gang, I won't know till the order comes, but maybe some have already had this issue and don't know it.
I ordered some D&R Two Timer, a pound bag. Advertised as 16 oz. Shows up as 16 oz on email and in account. The shipment notice says 14 oz. While it may be a typo I looked at the images and the 16 oz is a sticker on the bag. So there may be one of two issues.
Either the weight from D&R has changed or a wrong bag, meant for some other market, got shipped. Remember, I don't know the answer yet, but am writing this to alert and find out if anyone else has had this.

I bought this item strictly for its price
EDIT - the image on SP shows a bag with sticker 16 oz. The image on P&C is faint, but looks to be 14 oz.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
The bags used to be 14 ounces, but a while back, they became one pound bags. Perhaps their computer wasn't updated? Either way, you'll find out soon enough. I don't think you anything to worry about, unless you were sent an old bag.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I got some Rimboche A.B. in the 14 oz. size too. All the other bags I'd ordered have been the full lb.

I just chalked it up to transition.

Great line of tobaccos at the best prices.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
If the bulk is underweight, ask for the remainder. This happened to me through smokingpipes on a lb order of bulk Dan Tobacco.
On another note, bashing Pipes and Cigars and

The Horror of Lakelands continue to be two of the most long-lived topics on the pipe forums.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
On another note, bashing Pipes and Cigars and

The Horror of Lakelands continue to be two of the most long-lived topics on the pipe forums.
And let's not forget the quarterly Peterson bash...
"Hey I just smoked some lakelands in a Peterson pipe I purchased at Pipes and Cigars! I'm so mad!"

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
Jim is exactly right about the situation. D&R went from 14 to 16 oz. bags. Our computer system doesn't allow us to change the SKU once it's been created. We would build a new SKU, but the product sells so quickly that it would be hard to make the switch. In any case, when we receive them, the bags are usually marginally above 16 oz. to allow for fluctuations in moisture.
Russ

cosmicbobo

May 11, 2017
Thanks Stan and Russ. I would not have questioned it, but the shipment email said 14 oz.

cosmicbobo

May 11, 2017
For the record:

I was not mad

I posted over here knowing it would get Russ's attention, but also the attention of those who may have had the issue, but not know it.

I did not start this thread to bash P&C. I buy quite a bit from them.

The reason I mentioned it before I received it, was again, in hopes that someone who may have an issue might not open the bag and decide what to do with it at that point. BTW, the same issue might have happened at SPC.
I can't stand Bob's Chocolate Vietnamese Pig Tailed Macaque Poo, yet I curse NOT the vendor of the said poo nor the pipe vendor for my lack of appreciation of exotic poo

cosmicbobo

May 11, 2017
May let you know when it arrives. As I have said from the first post I posted so others could check their purchases. Not to bash anyone.
BTW, though I am sure customer service will take care of it, unless you are aware of it you won't be needing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.