PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMcQ

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 9, 2019
Atlantic Beach, FL
Like I'm sure a lot of people do, I keep my shopping cart ready to go at smokingpipes.com. I just went and tried to add some Prince Albert before checking out. Prince Albert is "out of stock". What is this world coming to?

I don't even know why we call these "over the counter", if there's no counter that I can buy them over.

Dec 6, 2019
Dixieland
Stopped by Walgreens Saturday to see what they had. They had 1 Grabow and 1 pouch of captain. A large section of dusty packs of machine made cigars. It's was a small Grabow maybe a lark? I'm tempted to pick up that little pipe, just to keep it from ending up on the trash. I do have a store about a mile from my house that carries PA and CH. But yes I've learned smoking is bad and we should be ashamed of ourselves.. :mad:

HatMagnet

Lurker
Jan 24, 2020
Arkansas
I can find most OTC blends locally except for Granger which I’m very fond of. The B&M tobacco shop offered to order a pouch for me..for 10 bucks. :oops: I can order a canister for 29 bucks.

I have to order any of the better blends anyway so adding a can of Granger or CH isn’t a big deal and it’s cheaper anyway.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Like I'm sure a lot of people do, I keep my shopping cart ready to go at smokingpipes.com. I just went and tried to add some Prince Albert before checking out. Prince Albert is "out of stock". What is this world coming to?

I don't even know why we call these "over the counter", if there's no counter that I can buy them over.
yeah man.. even normal shit is getting hard to find sometimes.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Hat Magnet, a pouch of Granger? I didn't even know they still had those. I just received a tub of Granger. I have warm feelings about some of the codger blends based on their ready availability, but that is diminishing. If the online retail gets squeezed, we'll have to smoke what we can get. However, I still appreciate those brands that endeavor to meet demand with supply, and to work for the ease of the customer. It matters to me. I like the occasional rare tobaccos, but I object to finding myself in a quest for one.

Reactions: HatMagnet and BROBS

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
None of the grocery or convenience stores in the town I live carry any pipe tobacco. You'd think North Carolina would do better than that.
none of those carry it here, but we have an offshoot of "kwik star" gas stations called "tobacco outlet" that does carry most the OTC brands, pipecleaners, some pipes, etc. Just don't expect to find anything beyond Carter Hall, SWR, etc.

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
I actually cellared 3 tubs of PA a few years ago. I figured worst case FDA, I can get by with that.

Reactions: dcon

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
Yeah, drugstores are useless for pipe tobacco these days. I have to go to a vape shop/discount cigarette shop when I feel like picking up an OTC blend

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
write the people that make the blend and show them how much demand there is for their stuff. They'll probably do nothing because their business model is aimed at the old codger who only smokes one blend and buys a pouch every Tuesday. But who knows maybe they'll pay a little attention to the connoisseur market and bulk up distribution.

Status
Not open for further replies.