PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Refused1979

Lurker
Dec 10, 2019
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title - Bob

Hey all! I am new to the forum but have been smoking a pipe for roughly 10 years. I farm part time for a living and have found that I much enjoy the Stanwell featherweight or mm cobs when driving back and forth for deliveries. I am saving and looking for another company that does something similar. Any suggestions or links to where this may have been covered before? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
The Savinelli Petite line might be worth a look. They tend to be trim and lightweight but aren't tiny. I have Johs pipe that i bought as an estate that I'm quite fond of. His pipes are all pretty lightweight and most are under $100, which is hard to beat from a value proposition. Also, Pipestud has a nice selection of Scott's Pipes burners which are nice and light and around 50-60 bucks. Smoking Pipes carries them too,but they only have one in stock right now

Reactions: Refused1979

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Yes for the money those Scott burners look nice. Peterson also has some smaller pipes the new shorts line. Also the Barrel, Tankard, Belgique, and Calabash are normal small pipe offerings. The tankard and barrel have a more normal sized bowl than the other two.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Some Stanwell that are not in the feather weight series are admirably light, like their bulldog 32 in various finishes ... I have smooth and silke brune. Johs pipes in black blast have been notably low weight despite their mostly large medium, Group 4, size. I haven't bought any lately, but the several I bought were definitely easy on the jaw. Also, always study the specs on pipes for sale. Any retailer worth their salt will list weight in addition to length, chamber diameter and depth, etc. etc., so you can shop for lighter weight pipes on a regular basis.

Last edited:

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I miss my stanwell featherweight. It will be one of the first smokes after I'm done with my Grabow. I mangled the tenon by accident and after many stupid attempts at getting it back, managed to make it fit right, but uneven. It'll be another beater pipe.

But back on topic, I loved the lightness of it, and the way it smokes. I've debated buying a second one identical to it, but can never find it.

Reactions: danimalia and BROBS

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Don't know if you're still looking or not but SP just added this new line of Rossi, Piccolos. They look like nice, lightweight smaller pipes that cost as little as a few tins of tobacco.

002-577-6024.6160.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My most recent pipe purchase was a Kaywoodie from PC, a straight blast billiard with a tapered stem weighing in at a whopping one ounce. But the surprise is that it has a small medium bowl, fairly deep, with walls that look thin but don't convey much heat. The whole package surprised me from what some think of as a fading brand, and it didn't cost much.

Reactions: danimalia
Status
Not open for further replies.