PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auxsender

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 17, 2022
Nashville
You want to have a pipe channel, tell me about pipes, not what was so wonderful about slavery-era southern plantations.
Full agree. There’s a lot of that in pipe smoking and in other cultures too. I believe there are many blends with “plantation” in the name.

Romanticizing and glorying plantations is fucking gross.
At a totally right-wing racist evangelical Pat Robertson college from what I’m told.
Are we talking about Muttonchop or the massive tool bag that does pipe cottage? Do you have a source of this info?

HeavyLeadBelly

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 9, 2023
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Full agree. There’s a lot of that in pipe smoking and in other cultures too. I believe there are many blends with “plantation” in the name.

Are we talking about Muttonchop or the massive tool bag that does pipe cottage? Do you have a source of this info?
Oh god the Pipe Cottage guy is insufferable. Arrogant ass gets high sniffing his own farts and romanticizing the 1850s south. Bleh.

I like Muttnchop and Stuff n Things. The rest are fairly bland.

But the southern cottage doctor…ugh

LudwigB88

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 4, 2023

The bearded Kentucky man. He should just appreciate his good fortune. He seems to have a bottomless budget for pipes. Maybe somewhere along the line he’ll learn that Jesus’ message was love. Not selfishness.

Reactions: Auxsender

Uguccione

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 22, 2024
Italy
I am a beginner, i know this category on the forum is for more advanced pipers but it seemed not to fit on the beginner area
I started smoking pipes in a dead zone, when the internet didn't exist yet and most pipe smokers no longer smoked pipes. I learned together with a friend (also a neophyte) and with some basic advice that the tobacconist gave us. Then you learn by smoking, in the end it's not difficult, the pipe has always been a popular object, smoked by everyone, even very simple people.
Then smoking it well can be an art, but who cares ;)
The advice from the forum and YouTubers is fine, but then you have to think with your head, find the method that satisfies you the most.
For me, the forums have served more than anything else to find out opinions on pipes and various tobaccos.

Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks
Here’s the secret to pipe smoking. Relax. We all had to learn. Slow down. Enjoy the PROCESS.
Over thinking will kill the thing.
👆👆👆👆This is the way... Don't take it to seriously, it's just smoking. I like the KISS method, Keep It Simple Stupid.
1. Place tobacco in pipe (don't pack, just gravity fill at first)
2. Light Pipe (soft flame, your only lighting the tobacco not the pipe itself)
3. Smoke Pipe (gently, enjoy it your not in race)
4. Tamp and relight as needed (tamp only enough to settle the ash)

Reactions: Streeper541
Status
Not open for further replies.