PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
watch

-----
Some people are claiming it's fake, but forgetting the cheezy music and sound effects, look's legit. This is not the first time something like this has happened.
I loved this comment on YouTube:
OMG THIS IS WHY WE NEED TO BAN EAGLES!!!!!!!

dervis

Lifer
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
It is 100% fake. Watch it in slow motion. Computer animation with a simple green screen. Also , I did not do a huge search, but cant find any information on eagles carrying off babies ever. So if you are stating this is not the first time it has happend, you are correct in that it has never happened.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
I am not so sure. The eagle itself looks real to me, the lighting and shadows are all correct. This video's got over a million views so I guess we'll learn soon enough.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Another YouTube comment:
It's not the Eagle's fault. The kid's wearing a Monkey hat with ears and eyes. THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DRESS YOUR KIDS UP LIKE ANIMALS PEOPLE!!!

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
So if you are stating this is not the first time it has happend, you are correct in that it has never happened.
The video could be faked, but years ago I read a story of something similar happening - this was probably back in the early 80s. From my recollection, it also took place in Canada and the eagle didn't get away with the baby. Remember, not everything that happened in this world can be found on the 'net - lol!

dervis

Lifer
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
I think the burden of proof would be on the people saying the eagle picked up a baby, rather than the side saying I dont think it did. Or if we want to go that route, a bobcat opened my truck door took my Mr. Brog and ran up a tree with it. The worst part is he packed it way to tight.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
This video only came out yesterday and already has well over a million views so I am sure some news program will seek out the videographer soon enough. Then we'll either learn it's a viral video for "Eagle-man: The Movie" or it's the real deal.

bubblehead33

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 17, 2012
Canada
seen it this morning, found out this afternoon its a fake, made by some university kids. still a pretty cool video though.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
It seems to be confirmed that it's part of a contest a Montreal design school offers. Well done on their part. :clap:

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
I doubt it's authenticity.
The clarity is way too good. It's like someone wanted to make it look as real as possible.
There is a guy in Pennsylvania who will swear up and down a stack of bibles that when he was 11 years old (in the 1970s), a gigantic bird of prey with an unheard of huge wingspan (supposedly like 15-20 feet) picked him up by the shoulders and flew away with him for a distance before dropping him. It's the bigfoot of the winged creatures.

Status
Not open for further replies.