PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

SSGT.

Lurker
Jul 7, 2024
Sealy Texas
Was looking at pipes online and came across Rattray's Olivewood Bent Brandy. I really like the looks of the pipe but know nothing about Rattray or an olivewood pipe. does anyone have any experience with either one?

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Was looking at pipes online and came across Rattray's Olivewood Bent Brandy. I really like the looks of the pipe but know nothing about Rattray or an olivewood pipe. does anyone have any experience with either one?
Rattray is under the Kopp umbrella.
I’m not sure where they are manufactured

I have a couple of olive woods.
IMG_0928.jpeg

I love the grain.
Some have mentioned olive notes with the initial smokes. I have not encountered this.
Perhaps it has to do with the age of and how well seasoned the blocks are IMG_1019.jpeg

Maierar

Lurker
Sep 9, 2019
Olive wood makes a perfectly good pipe. Ratray’s doesn’t. Poor to no customer service When one of their product fails.

SSGT.

Lurker
Jul 7, 2024
Sealy Texas
Rattray is under the Kopp umbrella.
I’m not sure where they are manufactured

I have a couple of olive woods.
View attachment 330579

I love the grain.
Some have mentioned olive notes with the initial smokes. I have not encountered this.
Perhaps it has to do with the age of and how well seasoned the blocks are View attachment 330580
Thats what caught my eye the grain. Both pipes are nice but I really like the 2nd one.

Reactions: OzPiper

Merton

Lifer
Jul 8, 2020
Boston, Massachusetts
I have one of the Rattray olive wood pipes and it's a great smoker! I pretty much use it for Oriental blends like Tashkent, Rajah's, etc.
I have a bent dublin Rattray olive wood. It is sandblasted. I don't find the smooth grain appealing. However, it is a nice looking pipe and it smokes great. A modest price for a good pipe.