PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
On the heels of my subpar experience with Peterson's Nutty Cut, I decided to try an aromatic that I had a hunch I'd end up liking. Sometimes that's just all one has to go on. Although I'm unaware of what happened to the first 75 barrels, I liked Appalachian Berry (now Appalachian Harvest) a lot back in the summer, and this is the other OS blend I had on hand. I've only got about three more days of tolerable temperatures outside before it dips back down to freezing again, so I figured it was time to give this one a try already.

One of my favorite aspects of pipe smoking is enjoyment of the tin note, and this one didn't disappoint. Right upon opening up the jar top, it hit my nasal passages like stepping into a bakery many years ago. Very strong notes of maple, honey, and a kind of brown sugar/blackstrap molasses amalgamation. In other words, right up my alley when it comes to the tin note (it's my sweet tooth, so sue me!). Not as strong as Appalachian Berry/Harvest, but nonetheless quite present. Took a flame unexpectedly well, and for an aromatic, relatively little dottle left at the end, which is always a pleasant surprise since many aromatics can get pretty goopy in the later stages. The sweet taste maintained itself the entire way through, and I received none of the bite or ashy taste that Nutty Cut perpetually subjected me to. I puff on the faster end of the spectrum, something this tobacco did not punish me for. Also, I only needed two relights, one of which was only because my wife called me inside to ogle at an overpriced local horse property on Zillow (the only thing Californians hate more than tobacco is affordable housing).

For a fellow beginner like myself, I'd certainly recommend this one. 7.5 out of 10.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
This is a burley Cavendish aromatic that is compared to 1Q, but when I looked at PC just now it had a notice that it is no longer for sale on that site. Has it been discontinued? The 1Q comparison is a bit ordinary, but not necessarily bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.