PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

runscott

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 3, 2020
Washington State
I have a few old pipes that were lucky enough to come with their original 'stuff'. Please show yours.

Just received this Kaywoodie 'Flame Grain Meerschaum' with matching box, fuzzy sock and brochure. The sock even has a tag that says 'Flame Grain Meerschaum'. The brochure mentions problem sourcing briar during WWII, so I'm guessing this is a mid-40's pipe. Restoration not yet completed.

LheiZst.jpg

5SsRjxD.jpg

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Not sure if this ever came with a sock, but, the presence of the info sheet suggests it might be complete.

IMG_20230304_133116.jpg

This has its sock.

IMG_20230304_133143__01.jpg

This came with a cardboard insert to hold the pipe in place inside the box. I don’t think it came with a sock. The presence of the info leaflet and slips of paper telling you to read the leaflet makes this seem it’s complete.

IMG_20230304_133425.jpg

Savinelli Kalumet Table Pipe in its original box. I’m not sure it came with extras and is probably complete as is, but thought it would be fun to share even with its lack of accoutrements.

IMG_20230304_133243.jpg

Same for these two Kaywoodies below. No frills, but the packaging is killer in my book. Just the fact that the clear plastic on the first is decent shape and the 1940 paper band for the other one survived thrills me.

IMG_20230304_133216.jpg

IMG_20211226_183411.jpg

runscott

Jun 3, 2020
Washington State
This is a nicely-colored 'Fireman' meerschaum that was shipped directly from a department store in downtown Seattle, to an address in Port Townsend, WA. I guess they had a catalog customers could order from?
Top picture was taken before I restored it. Bottom picture shows it after clean-up.

8uJIkUe.jpg

pf4B7kS.jpg

doctorbob

Mar 18, 2014
Grand Ledge, Michigan
That's an original 1920 box? I have a 1925 that I assumed would have come in a case.
That is the original box, notably there are no Royal warrant mention on the box or paperwork as the box and pipe predate the issuance of the first Royal warrant by the Prince of Wales in 1921.

Cases always cost extra with Dunhill, either as a paid customer selection, or factored in if the pipe was meant to be sold with one from the get go.

runscott

Jun 3, 2020
Washington State
That is the original box, notably there are no Royal warrant mention on the box or paperwork as the box and pipe predate the issuance of the first Royal warrant by the Prince of Wales in 1921.

Cases always cost extra with Dunhill, either as a paid customer selection, or factored in if the pipe was meant to be sold with one from the get go.
That's really cool. I have a pile of similar-look Dunhill boxes that I will have to go back and take a second look at.