Odd Use For Tobacco Tin (Graphic? Warning)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Scorpion Squisher:

View attachment 313749

The little bastard was running across my pool deck last night.
I don't know if you know this but most of this country is pretty scorpion free. Why because all of us pipe smokers already crushed all of them.
But the real question is would you recommend that blend for smoking.

RookieGuy80

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2023
Maryland, United States
And people wonder why I have a couple Brylon pipes. I can't always be trusted to have an old tin I can use to bonk a scorpion with.

In all honesty, I'd use the Brylon to transport that little guy to an empty Kritter Keeper. I like arachnids, always have. I have a couple tarantulas as pets (more like decorations that I feed crickets to) and have been eying a scorpion or two. Something about combining the best parts of a spider with a tank is pretty cool.

Reactions: JOHN72

Mortamyhr

Jan 5, 2023
Nashville, TN
Reminds me of the time my wife found a snake in the house and bashed its head in with a bottle of rosé. Couldnt have it getting the cats. The bottle was the closest heavy object at hand as the book she hit it with didn’t do anything. Yes, my wife’s a badass. And her reenactment of the event is spectacular.

Reactions: Jacob74 and JOHN72

Choatecav

Can't Leave
Dec 19, 2023
Middle Tennessee
I don't know how far south of Maine you have to go to find scorpions, but I sure hope they aren't migrating up here as it gets hotter.
There may be some in middle Tennessee but I have never seen one and I have been here over sixty years and live on a farm. We have recently gotten Armadillos and damned fire ants up here from the deep south. I've got no use for either.

Reactions: buzkirk and JOHN72

anantaandroscoggin

Sep 9, 2017
Greene, Maine, USA
Reminds me of the time my wife found a snake in the house and bashed its head in with a bottle of rosé. Couldnt have it getting the cats. The bottle was the closest heavy object at hand as the book she hit it with didn’t do anything. Yes, my wife’s a badass. And her reenactment of the event is spectacular.
When I was in Grammar School, my mom didn't react so well when one of our cats brought a garter snake into the house. Quite the to-do of screeching and hollering 'till we got it outside again.