PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Keep in mind that those 2.5 million people are spread out amongst 208,138 square miles
Yeah, I didn't even go there. It's a rural area. When I go to northern Michigan, I don't expect to find much in premium tobacco products. Maybe in Marquette, since there is a good sized college. (And of course Lee Van Erck, but I can't afford his pipes. :D )

skapunk1

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
TThats a shame, here in Ottawa we are lucky enough to have two great stores in the downtown core. Comerfords which is a smoke shop, and he has to conceal his tobacco in huge locked cabinets on the floor of the store. He has quite an amazing variety of pipe tobacco, and figured out a way to have room for it. It is about half the size of your average 711. The other is the Cigar Emporium. He does not sell cigarettes, so all his varieties are on open display behind the counter. Unfortunately they are taxed huge. Your average tin is $25 plus tax, so its over $30.
The other thing I noticed, when I bought my first tin of Sunset Breeze from Comerfords, is that the circular cardboard insert had a Petersons add listing all their blends, and it was stained from the natural oils in the tobacco. Im curious as to how old that tin was. And if I should get another.
Anyone have an idea?

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
That happens a lot with time - even a few months can show some staining.
It could be old, but keep in mind that age is not necessarily advantageous for aromatics.
If you like how it smokes, buy more, but I wouldn't go out of my way for it.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I have a tin of sunset breeze and it's the same way, I think it's the alcohol leaking out to the paper. It smokes amazingly, so have at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.