PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrharrigan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 27, 2020
In another thread that got locked, one of the mods, jpmcwjr, said we should fill out out personal info...something I took to heart and tried to accomplish. It all seemed fine until I was given the opportunity to post a link to a website. I filled the form field in, only to receive the message that I need to enter a url. Thing is, I did. Maybe one of you will have a quick answer for me.

Screen Shot 2021-03-10 at 7.43.03 PM.png

Try adding the https://

It isn't a requirement, but it helps everyone if you do. I hate it when someone asks a question and two pages later we realize that the OP live someone where all of the responses become moot. Even a question about drying tobacco, accessibility, or ordering tobacco in the US can be offset pending which state you live in. jpmcwjr is a moderator, and about one of the most respected fellows on this forum. If he asked me to do something, I'd feel like an asshole for just ignoring him.

jrharrigan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 27, 2020
I didn't think you were complaining at all. I was trying to help, but maybe my suggestion didn't work?
What suggestion? The question I asked, including a screen shot to boot, was how I can get a website listed in my personal info. No one has mentioned the thing I asked about that I can see.

Reactions: BROBS

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
No one has mentioned the thing I asked about that I can see.

I misunderstood your post. I thought, that you thought, that a website was mandatory to enter which it is not.

If you want a website there, you need to go to that website and copy the URL from your browser address bar. and paste the address into the website box.

The actual URL for the site that you tried to enter is not www.wordsandnumbers.org. It is

Reactions: gamzultovah
What suggestion? The question I asked, including a screen shot to boot, was how I can get a website listed in my personal info. No one has mentioned the thing I asked about that I can see.
You are going to fit in just fine here, lol. I said above... Try adding the https://
But, if that doesn't work, I'm sorry, but it was damned suggestion. Good or bad, it was all I had.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
In another thread that got locked, one of the mods, jpmcwjr, said we should fill out out personal info...something I took to heart and tried to accomplish.
No "should" there. I ask that folks enter their location for the many reasons stated in the ask.

Location isn't very personal. Far more is known about you—and all of us—that has nothing to do with this website.

If you were trying to enter you location, it didn't take.

Status
Not open for further replies.