Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcsnaps

Lifer
Oct 18, 2010
There is the New Jersey Fellowship of Pipe Smokers. They meet the second Thursday of the month at JR Cigars in Whippany.

jcsnaps

Lifer
Oct 18, 2010
You are quite welcome, we usually get together @6pm have some dinner and share a few bowls.

docgarr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 25, 2010
Has the New Jersey Fellowship of Pipe Smokers ever considered joining United Pipe Clubs of America (UPCA)? It is the American federation of pipe clubs that is a member of the Comite International des Pipe Clubs (CIPC). We sponsor pipe smoking contests around the country and facilitate communication between pipe clubs. The Northeast regional pipe smoking contest at Peekskill, NY, at the Kaywoodie factory, is a fun event that your club might want to consider attending.

jcsnaps

Lifer
Oct 18, 2010
Kevin-don't know, will ask powers that be.

Doc- first congrats on slow smoke win, we had 4 of our members at the Northeast contest last year, if I remember you were second at that event

scrantonpipes16

Might Stick Around
Nov 28, 2010
This is good to know because I am moving back to New Jersey to help my family, and I would be willing to join the group

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
Well, thanks for the posts gentlemen. I will try to make it to the Route 10 Whippany JR Cigars. Its funny, for me smoking a pipe has been a solitary adventure these past 20 yrs. or so, and after stumbling on this site, and others, I came to realize that this has provided a virtual smoking club or smoking room just like from the days of yore. Men have always congregated to imbibe the weed, and now with our sparse population and the help of the internet we can take some steps to recreate that feeling, a feeling that was always there.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I'll have to mark down the 2nd Thursday as well. I live in MD, but travel to NJ a lot. I was just up in Secaucus this afternoon. Also good to know that Kaywoodie is in Peekskill, I'm on the NY Thruway once or twice a month as well.

docgarr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 25, 2010
jcsnaps comments
we had 4 of our members at the Northeast contest last year, if I remember you were second at that event
. I think I did worse than you remember. I've won the NE competition twice, but I was like 12th this past December. But Hudson Valley knows how to put on a good smoking contest--good food, good camaraderie, good fun.

radio807

Can't Leave
Nov 26, 2011
New Jersey
Yes, the group is still active: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NJFPS/?tab=s. I've met with them twice so far and I find them to be a very nice group. I plan to be there again on Thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.