PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
So I visited the Briary in Birmingham perusing their selection for something yummy to try. I ended up going with a fairly new product put out by McClelland exclusively for Arango Cigar Co. The can says Eric Nording Pipe Tobacco Hunter Blend Labrador, A classic blend of smooth fragrant Black Cavendish, mellow Burley, and sweet Virginia enhanced with a light caramel hazelnut note. Rich and Satisfying. The mix of tobaccos and the caramel hazelnut sounded scrumptious so I bougth a tin, cracked it, and proceeded to their porch and one of the many rocking chairs. At first I thought it was going to small and taste very similar to McClellands Holiday Spirit, which is a mix of C,B, and V as well as dark rum, pecan, and cocoa. I liked last years holiday spirit, but this tobacco is even better. The tin note really is caramel hazelnut and smells like a cookie, the room note is one of cookies baking as does your pipe if you smell the ash after it has gone out. The tobacco though having a heavy tin note, is not heavily topped, it is just the perfect moistness in the can and I lit right up and smoked it all the way to the bottom. It was a very nice smooth smoke not overly flavored but there was a sweetness all the way through a hint of nutty flavor. I was disappointed when the bowl ended and can't wait for another smoke.

e3d6acb037e301c005e25e81fc164ab9.jpg

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
In the words of a famous "interesting" man, "I don't smoke aromatics often, but when I do, I smoke Nording's Labrador". :puffy:
Seriously, I do like this blend very much. To me it seems like a nicely toned down version of McClelland's Holiday Spirit blend. I have 3 tins of each of these blends in the cellar awaiting the cooler weather when I start to get the urge for an aro a few times a week.
Great review BTW shaintiques!

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Just had my second bowl, smoked with a friend, he said it was yummy! I concur, very tasty indeed. This is a new Fave!

shawn622

Lifer
Jul 22, 2012
Mount Sterling, Ohio
Nice review. Thanks!!! I received a sample of this from someone when I first joined and just finished it last week. I am not a big fan of aromatics, but I really enjoyed this one. Great first thing in the morning smoke. Goes great with coffee and leaves the room smelling great!!!

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Thanks for the review. I have tin of this in the cellar that I picked up somewhere. I guess it'll be the next aromatic I'll pop open.

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
I dabble in them from time to time but I'm really not an aro guy at all. However, Labrador is downright awesome. Everything a quality aro should be, at least by my measure. I flew through my first tin and plan on ordering a few more when TAD bites again.

mrdoody

Might Stick Around
May 3, 2012
MA, USA
I picked up a tin of this. My aro bent appear to be more towards the subtle side. I was taken aback by the tin scent of this (much like the Sillem's Black I recently tried) - Oooh - very sweet! In truth, it seems to be a more complicated baccy than its initial odor would let on (like the Sillem's Black). But it's definitely an aro - no bout adout it. If you're not a big aro fan, try to get some sample before you shell out (doubly so for Sillem's Black!).
I haven't said "no thank you" to my tin yet, and I'll try another bowl or two of it. Maybe it'll grow on me (as so many seem to!).
Doody

Status
Not open for further replies.