PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I think, though, Zanthal, in the case you mentioned,it was just the apartment complex's policy - or at least, that was the impression I got. Now, personally, if I was a perspective tenant, I'd go elsewhere - just like if they had a "no pets" policy.

If it's a home the owner makes the policy whether rented or bought

Exactly - and if it's a rental, that means the landlord,not the tenant. It's their property.
As far as laws go - we are going through a cultural period,in the US, Canada, and at least some of Europe, with a huge emphasis on not taking risks. The most important thing,in this mind set, is to live a long healthy life - and no one should do anything that infringes on that, in the extreme versions of that mind set. It's a whole set of complexities, and just putting it down to "big government", while perhaps satisfying, over-simplifies the whole thing.
There's this whole busybody mentality - This is what is best for me, and therefor it's best for you, too. It's not limited to one political party, either - they both attract these types of folks, although usually different types of busybodies go to different parties. (I'm referring to the US, here - I don't know enough about other countries to comment.) But anti-tobacco sentiment seems to be a bipartisan issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.