PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
In Murfreesboro for my stepdaughter’s wedding, and she gave me a present for being in her wedding.
Who doesn’t need a half pound of cigar store bulk blends and a Chinese god know what pipe (came with screens and all, that the store told her was German made) with their name lasered into the bowl?

It’s truly the thought that counts, and instead of smoking my blends and pipes I brought along. At the after rehearsal gathering I’ll be gladly choking down some of this in this thing because it’ll make her as happy a as she made me with her effort.
IMG_2524.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Blend all four and tell everyone you're smoking Ten English Breakfast Battles.

Also do a review of it here, in Jim's style of course: "The cavendish will cause hair to grow on your tongue, lips, and possibly the lining of your esophagus. Great for keeping other wedding guests far away from you. An all day smoke for the dedicated sociopath. Five out of four stars."

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
Spectacular, with all that was going on with her wedding, she spent time trying to get you a gift that was personalized and she put some thought and effort into it and did great in my opinion.
Absolutely! I’m blessed my friend.
She was just talking to me about pipe tobaccos and tried some of the LNF I’m having in one of my pipes I brought and liked it.

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
IMG_9307.jpeg
Congrats!

Hmm Battle of Franklin…

Guess you better read up on this, to get the gist, hopefully somewhat for the blend.

I would be curious to know why they named the blend after the battle? 🤔

Enjoy! 🤙
Other than the cigar store is in Franklin, I wouldn’t know…😉
A nice, thoughtful gift, Congrats!
I would bet good odds that they are Sutliff and /or Lane blends renamed as house blends, so they are probably pretty good.
Thinking Sutliff, as I can usually identify the Lanes as Lanes (not my favorite). I may give them a call to inquire.

I tried the pipe with the English Pub blend, didn’t smoke badly at all. Chonky stem at but but its first smoke didn’t expose any bad issues. Chamber is very narrow. Might have to dedicate it…

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
It's tough getting a gift from someone you love but who doesn't know anything about pipes or tobacco but you're doing the right thing in smoking what she bought.
100%
The good thing is she’s smart and we’re honest. She was inquisitive about the differences in tobacco, and happy that even if they aren’t daily smokers for me that they will be jarred, dated with her wedding date, and smoked occasionally and the memories revisited.

I explained breaking in a pipe and resting it, so she won’t expect me to be smoking it exclusively all weekend😉
It will get a solo stand and live with honor with the the others that aren’t my “usuals” (like my Dad’s that aren’t my style) that get smoked occasionally.

Great stuff!!