PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brownbilliard

Might Stick Around
Feb 27, 2012
When your pipe starts to gargle halfway through a bowl, turn it vertically so that the stem is facing the ground. Place an absorbent material against the stem and hold it there for several seconds. Pull the pipe away and then press it against the absorbent material again. do this several times and you will notice that the condensation inside the stem will eventually be absorbed by the material and you're pipe will be gargle free.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
Or a soft exhale threw the stem. Blowing the condensation back into the heat. Once or twice till the gurgle is gone. This works for most of my pipes. One bent is very problematic and I always have to use a pipe cleaner for that one.

brownbilliard

Might Stick Around
Feb 27, 2012
I agree that pipe cleaners work the best. This is what I do when I am away from home and I don't have a pipe cleaner handy.

pawpaw

Lifer
Jun 25, 2011
cleveland NC
if I am away from the truck on the jobsite and my pipe starts to gurgle I thumb cover the bowl and snap my wrist and the moisture is slung out on the ground, puff on

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Yeah, I prefer to blow gently into the stem to reverse the flow, minimizes the tobacco juice at the button. :wink:

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
I do the pawpaw method, or use a cleaner. /if its a loose stem ill remove it and blow through it

whitebriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2010
i unscrew the stinger, blow out the moisture (or flick it away with wrist action-whichever) screw the stinger back in and keep smokin'--about 5 to 10 seconds consumed :wink:

brownbilliard

Might Stick Around
Feb 27, 2012
Hmmm... I tried the Pawpaw method and I burned the sh#t out of my thumb :evil: I'll have to expermiment with the blowback method next time my pipe gets the gargles.

pawpaw

Lifer
Jun 25, 2011
cleveland NC
Sorry Brown I may have a tougher hide I use my finger as a wind cap and also as a tamp and when I smoke my clays I can normallay hold them by the bowl at least for the first half.

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
Rule of thumb to protect the thumb a bit...tamp it before you flick it. Keeps the ember from hitting your thumb...sounds like it may be a loose pack to me also. I always flick or do the gentle blow through.

wildcat

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2012
Depending on the pipe, I "blow back," flick, and/or if I'm wearing an old pair of jeans I'll touch the stem to my jeans. If I am smoking a drinkless/stinger I'll unscrew, blow/flick/wipe and continue. One of the reasons I really like the stingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.