PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
No Zanthal, that's from the late great John Huston...and the late great Paul Newman of course...as the late great Judge Phantly Roy Bean, Jr. All a true story as well (aside from just maybe a little embellishment here & there).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judge_Roy_Bean

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
They say truth is stranger than fiction ... my gut tells me that would ring truer if we knew what isn't in the history books!
John Huston, alright.
Wow we've strayed off topic ... but unbeknownst to me, he directed The Man Who Would Be King, that's a great film.
back on topic, glad that fella got to go home to his family.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Can't fault the man for beating the crap out of the creep. Shame he died,though, since the other fella has to carry that with him, even though he did not violate the law.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
the late great Judge Phantly Roy Bean, Jr. All a true story as well
Langtry is a cool spot to visit too, sort of a ghost town these days. The Pecos river is crystal clear and cuts through some of the prettiest country in the region. Pandale is another beautiful town in the area.

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
You got to love Texas and Texans. We could use some Texas style justice up here in Canada (the land of the do gooder).

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
They say truth is stranger than fiction ... my gut tells me that would ring truer if we knew what isn't in the history books!
Ok, maybe more than just a little embellishment...but you know how these old west tall tales can be. :wink:
(And yes, TMWWBK was a great flick as well)
Langtry is a cool spot to visit too, sort of a ghost town these days. The Pecos river is crystal clear and cuts through some of the prettiest country in the region. Pandale is another beautiful town in the area.
I'd like to see it someday...I love old west history.

reichenbach

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2012
West Park, NY
I think they say 'alleged' to protect the news source and the reporter from libel, defamation, slander and, ho ho,the appearance of bias. Seeing that word in conjunction with something I know I saw with my own eyes would fire me up for sure but, much like the potential 'wrongful death' suit that Jud points out, they would certainly throw in every reporter who didn't say 'alleged' for the aforementioned reasons. I'm glad that father was exonerated and hopefully this sets a precedent for future cases of parents or anyone rightfully going medieval on those they catch in the act of molesting kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.