PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Jul 3, 2024
Knoxville, TN
Thread moved from FS thread.

Do we have people here from the UK?

I was looking to purchase this pipe from black swan shop (thebackyshop.com.uk), but they stopped shipping outside of the UK and don’t plan on doing it in the future.

So the only way for me to purchase is if I knew someone in the UK.

Didn’t know if I could pay someone via PayPal or something and someone might buy it and ship it?

I can’t find this pipe literally anywhere else, since it’s a specific Christmas 2020 pipe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Friendly Piper
Jul 3, 2024
Knoxville, TN
I buy from UK shops and have the pipes sent to my buddy in the UK who then ships them to me. Warning, it gets really pricey quick so you better love the pipe. I'm willing to help you out if you want it and can't find anyone on the forum.
That would be absolutely amazing. I’ve been looking all over the internet for the pipe. And the only shop that has it is the one in the UK that stopped shipping outside of the UK.

Let me look for a day or two And if I can’t find any other way I’ll reach out. Thank you for the kind offer!!!

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
That would be absolutely amazing. I’ve been looking all over the internet for the pipe. And the only shop that has it is the one in the UK that stopped shipping outside of the UK.

Let me look for a day or two And if I can’t find any other way I’ll reach out. Thank you for the kind offer!!!
It’s been a while since I purchased from them, but I thought it was only tobacco products not pipes which couldn’t be shipped overseas. I just double checked their FAQ and it says:

Q. Do you ship overseas?
Yes we ship outside the UK. We cannot accept a card payment for these orders so all payments must be made via bank transfer.

Q. Do you ship to the USA?
We are not allowed to ship any tobacco leaf to the USA and we cannot take any card payments for overseas orders. If your order does not contain any tobacco leaf and you pay via bank transfer then we can ship to the USA.

revnatorade

Can't Leave
Feb 4, 2024
North Florida
It’s been a while since I purchased from them, but I thought it was only tobacco products not pipes which couldn’t be shipped overseas. I just double checked their FAQ and it says:

Q. Do you ship overseas?
Yes we ship outside the UK. We cannot accept a card payment for these orders so all payments must be made via bank transfer.

Q. Do you ship to the USA?
We are not allowed to ship any tobacco leaf to the USA and we cannot take any card payments for overseas orders. If your order does not contain any tobacco leaf and you pay via bank transfer then we can ship to the USA.
I thought the same thing until my first time checking out. The only country you can select for shipping is the UK. There are no other options. I dont think they haven't updated their FAQs page since they made the change to only shipping in the UK.

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
Yes you are going to have to pay UK VAT of around 20 percent since you will be sending it to the UK first. Check and see if that is already in the price.

I dont know UK mail rates but to mail a pipe to the US from France is about 35 bucks. Its the thickness that is the issue here, not the weight. But if you are crazy about the pipe then such is life.

You should not have to pay any US taxes since its not tobacco.

Dont try to be clever and mix tobacco in with the package. Customs may just seize your package and so bye bye to the pipe.