Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
This morning just to spend some time with my wife I went with her to some yard sales.When I lived up north they were garage sales.Whatever they're called I'm not crazy about going to them.I've got enough junk of my own without buying someone elses.I stopped at a house the young fella there was smoking a pipe.I asked him what he was smoking.Cherry he replied.Does it seem to you that all young pipe smokers smoke cherry? When I asked if he had any pipes for sale he brought out a cute kinda small Comoys 1/4 bent bulldog.When he told me that it was only $15 it was sold.I brought it home cleaned it up.It's ready to go. Happy Fathers Day to me.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
needpics1.gif

misterrogers

Can't Leave
May 16, 2011
Ohio
As a young pipe smoker, I can say that I nor my two friends who smoke have ever had Cherry.
As for your pipe, congrats! But as said before, pictures would make it even better.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I started with Middleton's Cherry Blend, but quickly branched out to other drugstore blends.

That was in the late 60's when we had a lot of OTC choices -- almost all aromatics, but a lot

of variety.

zunismoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2010
NC
I do not usually find pipes at yard sales. I did buy my first Preben Holm at a yard sale though. You almost have to be really into yard sales to find a pipe at one.

Status
Not open for further replies.