PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
The old stem didn't do the pipe any favors so I decided to go ahead and make a new stem. This one is vulcanite. I cracked the shank while trying to fit a piece of 1/8" delrin and had to cut the shank shorter than it had originally been planned. But I think it worked out OK. The marks on the rim are not flaws. They are Plateaux left from the block I made this from. I never remove Plateaux from a pipe.
You decide.
I think it makes the pipe look a lot better.
JtUHaLx.jpg

E4mu97M.jpg

duOZNpn.jpg

This one is a bit blurry
H0nVj1y.jpg

lcNnopg.jpg

iLuw2VL.jpg

Oops! Jill my border collie just had to get in there.
7FiW94v.jpg

9XuGrel.jpg

sB0bxuV.jpg

1Pb6eHX.jpg

Oh my gawd!!! An alien is sitting in my garage!!!!!?
J9SigGf.jpg

Last edited:

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
I guess I will take these pics down now. Perhaps I should not be posting here any longer just because I've been doing it for so long and maybe I've exceeded the number of posts you can place displaying my attempts at making pipes. I'll keep posting in the 'What are you smoking' thread but I think maybe I should stop posting here.

haparnold

Lifer
Aug 9, 2018
Colorado Springs, CO
I guess I will take these pics down now. Perhaps I should not be posting here any longer just because I've been doing it for so long and maybe I've exceeded the number of posts you can place displaying my attempts at making pipes. I'll keep posting in the 'What are you smoking' thread but I think maybe I should stop posting here.
You should definitely keep posting here! Nobody’s gate keeping, I hope. And we enjoy looking at pipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.