PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gecko

Can't Leave
Dec 6, 2019
Sweden
Recently orderd a Rossi 8614 and was asked to show it when it arravies.

20200324_205823.jpg

The 8614 is a filter less full bent "Oom Paul" the look complements me as I can sometimes be a cardigan wearing old fart. It has a dark brown almost black rusticated finnish. It's a budget pipe but as far as I can tell the fit and finish is very good, no complaints here.

It has a nice open draw, the bit/lip is quite wide and it hangs comfortably for clenshing. The bowl is deep and pre-coated with what looks like charcoal.

This pipe will be dedicated to aromatics and I've christened it with a couple of bowls of tower bridge that I picked up at my local BM. It smokes nicley to nothing but white ash. So far it has a tendency to gurgle if I don't watch my pace but that's probably more on me than the pipe.

20200322_090554.jpg

All in all very happy with my Rossi even though I prefer p-lips on my bent pipes.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Handsome pipe. I have two Rossi, a prince and a yacht, and enjoy them. I have a Sav Oom-Paul, a slightly different shape, with more of a cylindrical bowl rather than tapered, but the shape is similar and great for hanging with little pressure on the teeth, and a good big bowl. You will enjoy that pipe, and the price is excellent as well.

Reactions: danimalia and Gecko

Gecko

Can't Leave
Dec 6, 2019
Sweden
Handsome pipe. I have two Rossi, a prince and a yacht, and enjoy them. I have a Sav Oom-Paul, a slightly different shape, with more of a cylindrical bowl rather than tapered, but the shape is similar and great for hanging with little pressure on the teeth, and a good big bowl. You will enjoy that pipe, and the price is excellent as well.

Thank you! I had to look up what a yacht / yachtman pipe is, very cool looking shape, is now on the PAD list :)
May I ask what name/number your Rossi yacht is?

Reactions: danimalia

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Man I love that Rossi! I would definitely smoke that.

The Rossi I have is my best smoking briar to date. And looking at yours really makes me want to smoke mine.

And I think the best part is the stems aren't cheap, they're made by savinelli.

Reactions: danimalia and Gecko

Gecko

Can't Leave
Dec 6, 2019
Sweden
Man I love that Rossi! I would definitely smoke that.

The Rossi I have is my best smoking briar to date. And looking at yours really makes me want to smoke mine.

And I think the best part is the stems aren't cheap, they're made by savinelli.

Thanks man! Now that you say it, it does have a stem that punches way above its price class.

What model is your Rossi if I may ask?

Reactions: danimalia

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Thanks man! Now that you say it, it does have a stem that punches way above its price class.

What model is your Rossi if I may ask?
Mine is the Rossi Napoli 8202.

The only reason I know about the stem is mine is stamped Savinelli on the small step down part of the tenon.

Reactions: Gecko
Status
Not open for further replies.