PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

reloader

Lifer
Dec 5, 2021
Southern, NM
Since

Since the vape store already stocks at least some actual tobacco products, I’m wondering how the owner would respond if you were to ask that they stock specific blends you’d actually want to buy. You might have to pass along contact info for the distributors, but maybe they’d be willing to experiment with expanding their selection.
I've talked to a local grocery store that carries tobacco products and they said they would start to order some pouches. They told me they had one other person ask about pipe tobacco. We'll see if they can get it in. I may talk to the vape shop guys about it as well. Great idea.

Zamora

Can't Leave
Mar 15, 2023
Olympia, Washington
Since

Since the vape store already stocks at least some actual tobacco products, I’m wondering how the owner would respond if you were to ask that they stock specific blends you’d actually want to buy. You might have to pass along contact info for the distributors, but maybe they’d be willing to experiment with expanding their selection.
I'll have to ask my B&M about that eventually. They've recently made a big push for pipe stuff, so hopefully they'll start making enough off that to diversify. I'm sure they might at least want to start selling Seattle Pipe Club tins, being a local brand and all that.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
In my state of Washington, the tax on "other" tobacco products (such as cigars, pipe tobacco, snuff, and chewing tobacco) is 95% of the wholesale price. Let's just say I do the bulk of my buying elsewhere, and have been doing it with urgency.
It is also illegal to order pipe tobacco online in WA. I had a *friend* who had all his tobacco sent to a relative in OR when he was living in WA. Hope you are taking precautions.

Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks
New Mexico has been run by---and financially raped by---greedy, bent politicians for a long time.

They don't even try to hide it:

I don't think that particular phenomenon is unique to New Mexico...

Zamora

Can't Leave
Mar 15, 2023
Olympia, Washington
It is also illegal to order pipe tobacco online in WA. I had a *friend* who had all his tobacco sent to a relative in OR when he was living in WA. Hope you are taking precautions.
Yeah if Oregon passes that bullshit flavor ban and there isn't an exemption for premium cigars and pipe tobacco then most Washingtonians won't be able to order any, it's bad enough we might get a flavor ban too. I'm totally against flavor bans as they're classic overreach and adults should not be punished for kids accessing things they aren't supposed to in the first place, but I hope that California's law will at least set precedent for cigars and pipes being exempted.

I don't care for flavored cigars but there's a lot of companies like Drew Estate were stuff like Acids help provide revenue for higher brow lines like Liga Privada. Every bullshit law that passes hurts us all because it means fewer sales and sets precedent for more following suit. Pipe tobacco even moreso, producers might need to start selling unflavored versions of aromatic blends with an easy DIY flavoring treatment, like those menthol cards that are sold in countries where menthol is banned.

TN Jed

Lifer
Feb 3, 2022
Franklin, TN
www.battlefields.org
Yeah if Oregon passes that bullshit flavor ban and there isn't an exemption for premium cigars and pipe tobacco then most Washingtonians won't be able to order any, it's bad enough we might get a flavor ban too. I'm totally against flavor bans as they're classic overreach and adults should not be punished for kids accessing things they aren't supposed to in the first place, but I hope that California's law will at least set precedent for cigars and pipes being exempted.

I don't care for flavored cigars but there's a lot of companies like Drew Estate were stuff like Acids help provide revenue for higher brow lines like Liga Privada. Every bullshit law that passes hurts us all because it means fewer sales and sets precedent for more following suit. Pipe tobacco even moreso, producers might need to start selling unflavored versions of aromatic blends with an easy DIY flavoring treatment, like those menthol cards that are sold in countries where menthol is banned.
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies." Yep.

Puffaluffaguss

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2021
The City Different
I'm about the same distance from any b&m that sells tins. My local only sells renamed sutliff bulk and c&d bulk which I mean it's something better then nothing but as has been said before I'm buying as much as I can afford. Eventually I will have enough to last a life time but the TAD is always itching and if I'm paying more in taxes then the wholesale amount of a tin I'll stop buying. Hopefully it doesn't

Reactions: Carol and kcghost