PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

HankB

Lurker
Jul 10, 2024
Good morning,
I quit smoking (pipes and mostly cigarettes) a long long time ago. We're going through some old stuff (wife motivated) and I have two calabash pipes. One is rather ordinary and likely of little value. The other is a "Pioneer Silver Calabash" and I paid a bit more for it back then, though I cannot recall the exact amount.

I'm open to suggestions for what to do with them. Both have been smoked. One possibly has some value. I searched ebay and Google and didn't see any with the silver filigree. (Both have some kind of meerschaum bowl as would be typical.)

Barring a better suggestion (including the possibility to sell here) They will go to some charity that takes stuff. (I haven't gotten as far as the selling rules, but I suspect that as a new member it is probably not allowed.)

Thank you for your suggestions.

best,

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
That is correct, until you have enough time and posts here, no selling.

Ebay, Pipestud, even Etsy would be a great bet! You can check out the list of our sponsors for the site, many of them buy pipes as well!

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Okay, what am I missing? Why are you welcoming this fellow back? He given up smoking and is looking for us to value his pipes for him.