PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

S.Castle

Lurker
Jan 18, 2021
Welcome aboard from central N.C., from a vet and former minesweeper radioman on the USS Gallant, MSO 489, sold to Taiwan and renamed back in the '90's. The ship, not me.
Well I'm certainly glad you were not sold to Taiwan lol.

PipeDad33

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 27, 2020
Kansas
Wow that's interesting. I still love my cigars but I have been curious about pipe tobacco for some time.
Yea I like them too, but for the most part I get the same flavor from cigars regardless what they are. In pipes I get a lot more subtle differences in each blend I try.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Hello from Austin, Texas.

I spent 7 years in the XVIII ABN Corps, as mechanized infantry at Fort Stewart (24th ID, back in the day).

I used to rocket up the coast to Baltimore on long weekends to visit family and often hit the Holiday Inn in Fayetteville along the way. Tiny little motel bar had a bitchin' light and sound system back then (86-93).

On a good night, one could get liquored up, hook up in that little bar, stumble back to the room, soil the linens and be back on the road by sun-up.

Now that I'm older, I just stumble and soil..... ?

1611120345853.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: shermnatman

macaroni

Lifer
Oct 28, 2020
Texas
Hello everyone! I'm a relatively new pipe smoker currently exploring different blends. I have been a daily cigar smoker for some time and looking to mix it up a bit.
A Good Morning to You from Texas! Glad to talk to another pipe smoker--new here myself and having a ball with these Fine Foik!
kind regards
mike

Reactions: S.Castle

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Pipes are a good change from cigars. A fair stick costs about what a premium tin of tobacco costs and gives about twenty smokes, not even a contest on the cost front, but also you can mix and match blends. It's like the difference between a restaurant meal where someone else has made all the decisions for you, and a homemade meal that you put together yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.