PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
This really isn't an advertisement since the chap supplies meerschaum pipes to Pipes & Cigars (P&C) who prominently support this forum as well as selling War Horse for SToP so I don't think I am breaking any rules here. Anyway last winter I had Ramazan the owner of Meerschaum Depot over to my house as he wanted to view my meerschaum 'cutty' collection and borrow a few styles to have copies made since no one makes a true 'cutty' in the 19th century clay pipe style. The result was an excellent pipe that was sent down to Weezel to 'crash test' to destruction and I think he has posted a few pictures over the last six months of it coloring progress. I received back my original pipes yesterday along with some copies of the 'clones' and I am impressed. They run $175 a pipe and they are on Ebay and his web site and certainly cheaper than buying an old model. These ones even come with hard wood cases so for any of you that want the definitive 'Condor Lover' look have at it and see if it tickles your fancy!!!

Reactions: Fralphog

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Simon, the one I have been abusing is a wonderful pipe and a great investment for anyone that would want one!

With a few bowls...

GQkDXu0.jpg

Now...

nsgQHi4.jpg

Good draw, cool smoking. Can not go wrong... The "weez"

Reactions: Fralphog

cosmicbobo

Part of the Furniture Now
May 11, 2017
I love the meer cutty. my only cuttys are clay and something that looks between clay and meer

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
These were done with the hard core 'cutty' fanatics in mind - trouble is I think the market extends only to me and Dave although a couple of guys have asked me about them so hence the post. If I can get my photo *ucket to work I will post some of the pictures Ramazan sent me.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Simon, I've always used Imgur with no hassle(even for me). I'd take a look at that...

Also, how do you get on Ramazans web site?I tried but could not find it. Is there a link you could post?..

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
This is how to add photos to your post using the site's photo album:
Images tend to be smaller than hosting site's size, but can be full sized if you remove the pixel limitation, ( -600x360) or whatever numbers are at the end— the numbers and the dash preceding, leaving no spaces, and ending in .jpg
1.) Login

2.) Go to My Account (may have hit Home button first) and mouse down to Album.

3.) Choose Upload Picture (navigate to photo you've given a sensible name to), be sure to then hit Upload.

4.) Go back to Album, click on thumbnail to open full size image. Right click (Windows); Control Click (Mac) and select "copy image location" (its URL).

5.) Return to your reply window in the thread and click on the IMG button at the top of the compose window.

7.) Paste the image location into the window and click OK. (You can paste over the existing http://)
An example, of a thumbnail named "hms-penzance-1940" followed by -150x100.jpg is the name of the photo in my album, and the the -150x100 limits the size.

hms-penzance-1940-150x100.jpg

If I remove the numbers, it goes to whatever size at which it was uploaded, subject to web sized image limitations.
hms-penzance-1940.jpg

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Dave I emailed you this but on Ebay he is 'pipes depot' and here is one of his auctions referencing one of the pipes from my collection he copied
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Deluxe-CUTTY-Pipe-BLOCK-MEERSCHAUM-NEW-HAND-CARVED-W-Case/253077227290?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D41376%26meid%3Db8ca10bb5dd74200b0b5f65f2f44e08a%26pid%3D100033%26rk%3D8%26rkt%3D8%26sd%3D252940505430&_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042
That should lead you back to his web site and then from their you should be able to order through P&C I would think as they carry all of Meerschaum Depot's pipes to the best of my knowledge. The last time I visited with our friends at P&C they seemed to have quite a selection of meerschaum pipes from Ramazan knocking about the warehouse.

darwin

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 9, 2014
Grabbed one. Awaiting with interest. Seems somehow proper to devote it to Condor.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Jay, no it is not. This was a prototype that was made as a copy of one of Simon's meers. It was damaged and had to be modified and left that small gap. The problem has been rectified in current production now. I plan on buying one of the pipes that are now available at P & C to further abuse. Nice,Nice pipes... :D

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Here is another one copied from one of my pipes although I am not so sure about the decoration 'thing' it still looks quite functional
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Deluxe-CUTTY-Pipe-BLOCK-MEERSCHAUM-NEW-HAND-CARVED-W-Case-/263152585833?hash=item3d451dcc69:g:pjMAAOSwV2ZZlkqx

Status
Not open for further replies.