PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckw

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2009
I have three smooth Mark Twain,s so I thought it would be nice to obtain a sandblasted set. These came in this morning and a little Blue Magic on the silver and a quick, protective coat of carnuba on the stems and they are ready to smoke.
The Mark Twain pipe is just like any other MT you've seen. This example is 6 1/4" long and 1 7/8" high The tobacco chamber is 3/4" by 1 5/8". The pipe weighs in at 2.1 oz. and has the Peterson's lip.
The Poker is 5 15/16" long and 2" high. The tobacco chamber is the same as the MT. The pipe is rather light at 1.5 oz. and has a slight fish tail lip.
Both pipes have Peterson's consertive sandblast which I prefer and sport the inlaid silver P in the stem. I find the black with silver coloring attractive. There is no dip staining in either pipe but they are carbon coated.
I haven't figured out what I'm going to break them in with yet, probably one of my latakia blends.
MarkTwainset.jpg

brazz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 16, 2009
Just looking at those makes me want to hold and smoke them. Those are nice classic pipes. I'm a traditional guy and when I think of pipes those are what I picture in my minds eye.

chuckw

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2009
CORRECTION: The Mark Twain has the painted P, not the inlaid one. Sorry fellows.

Status
Not open for further replies.