PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

revs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2011
Utah
Bought a new MM cob at a local B&M. Got it home and loaded it up. Sat out back and enjoyed the bowl but noticed the stem felt loose. So, halfway through the bowl, I decided to stop and empty it out and see what was wrong. The glue holding the stem in had not held tight. The stem just pulled right out. Glad I decided to stop and check it out.
So, here's my question. What type of glue does MM use on its cobs? I like it, just need to glue it back together. Elmer's wood glue? Doesn't look like Gorilla Glue. Would Gorilla Glue work?

pawpaw

Lifer
Jun 25, 2011
cleveland NC
the same thing happened to me a couple of months ago having just smoked one bowl in it i took it back to my local B&M and they glady exchanged it you may have the same luck or you could just glue it

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
I would recommend using Elmer's wood glue. I've heard that Gorilla glue expands as it dries, and might cause a problem. I'm sure others will chime in with opinions that have more experience since I've never had this problem.

oldmaus

Can't Leave
Nov 20, 2010
It happens once in awhile glue it up with a good indoor/outdoor adhesive and you will be good to go after the appropriate drying time.

tiltjlp

Can't Leave
Apr 9, 2011
Cheviot Ohio
Yes, Elmer's Wood Glue will work fine. I have a few that came loose over the years and I just leave them that way, and knock the shank in firm after each cleaning. In fact, I always break the glue seal on my Ozark Mountain hard wood pipes because they're easier to clean completely that way.

revs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2011
Utah
Elmer's it is. Thanks all. Never had the problem with any other ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.