PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Puffaluffaguss

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2021
The City Different
Title reframed and capped. Original: "Any interest in whimsical? New birds of a feather."

I'm looking and believe this comes out in a couple days on the 26th July 2022. I know Uno was kind of an anomaly because of the katerini perique but this whimsical looks right up my alley. With alot of focus lately being on English balkan etc. I feel that the release of more va/per blends is beneficial to not just myself but alot of us on here wgo prefer stuff with less latakia or none at all. I just wanted to see if others are as excited as myself for this new blend by Per George Jensen and the Sutliff crew. I personally love the tin art for this one. But let's get some opinions on this from others besides my unrefined self.

Last edited by a moderator:

Puffaluffaguss

Jul 30, 2021
The City Different
Comparatively, I've seen far more Virginia and Oriental blends released over the past two years than latakia ones.
Ya I suppose so, but it seems as every other blend I see that is released has a bit of latakia. New smokers consider any latakia blend even if it's just a miniscule amount an English. Weather it be balkin Scottish and so on. Uno for example in my local shop is considered an English which is where my thought for this thread came from. Yet va/per is my favorite I don't mind me a good lat heavy blend here and there. We have had and are gonna have new blends every month I'd be happy if more va/per blends are produced. Which is my opinion and I don't expect everybody to have the same but I'm sure there are a few that do.

Puffaluffaguss

Jul 30, 2021
The City Different

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
i put a pre-order in at BnB. I am hoping for more punch from the perique than the recent Anthology release from C&D. Not because Anthology is bad (it is quite nice) but its light on the Perique and I want variety in my cellar.
You could always add more perique to Anthology.

Reactions: Puffaluffaguss

Puffaluffaguss

Jul 30, 2021
The City Different
T
I just found this...

Thats were my research started, that led me to the shop in roswell Georgia. Forgot the name but they had the release date as the 26th. The article states a whimsical end of July. But as to how the site that published said article has said nothing nor even added a page for it I doubt it will be out by weeks end.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
I was asleep at the wheel, or forgot about Uno, I would of liked to try that one for the Katerini.

Maybe someone around here has some...

Reactions: ofafeather