PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

tanless1

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 14, 2010
Since starting on a pipe, all those years back, all that I truly sought was a blend that imbued the characteristics of Padron.
Sadly, I've yet to find it. Short of clipping the cigar and sticking it in my pipe...which I've been known to do.
Pray, tell: Has anyone found the blend that I seek?

Last edited by a moderator:
You will never get a cigar experience from your pipe. You get so much of the flavor from a cigar from it touching your lips. You just can't simulate that in a pipe.
I still love cigar blends though, I just don't think of them as cigars. In your pipe bowl, cigar leaf becomes a totally different beast.

If you are wanting this padron experience, my suggestion is to just stick with cigars.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
You will never get a cigar experience from your pipe. You get so much of the flavor from a cigar from it touching your lips. You just can't simulate that in a pipe.
I still love cigar blends though, I just don't think of them as cigars. In your pipe bowl, cigar leaf becomes a totally different beast.

If you are wanting this padron experience, my suggestion is to just stick with cigars.

This. There is nothing like a cigar and nothing like a Padron.

tanless1

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 14, 2010
Do not hesitate to clip and stuff. The thing with padron is that all of their tobacco is committed. Yes, cigar leaf blends never rise to the promise.

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Since starting on a pipe, all those years back, all that I truly sought was a blend that imbued the characteristics of Padron.
Sadly, I've yet to find it.
You will never get a cigar experience from your pipe.

If this existed, I would roll it up and save money! :)
Padron makes a tasty cigar.
Smoking a cigar and smoking the same cigar cut up and stuffed into a pipe will give you completely different results.
Believe me, I've tried

Padrons are my favourite cigars.
I WOULD NOT, repeat WOULD NOT, cut up a Padron, unless it was so badly split to be unsmokeable
However you can save all the clipped ends to smoke in a pipe, when you have enough saved 😁 puffy

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Country Lawyer. Give that a try if you haven't. Open, close back up, leave it for two years. It comes in a small mason jar.

Well, I did, and had nice cigar note without overwhelming it.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I've smoked more Padrons than I care to remember. At one point, I was set up with a cigar vender to auto shop me 4 boxes of 2000's every month. My favorite is the Exclusivo but they're a bit expensive to smoke 4 per day.

Unfortunately, I mirror several already made comments. I've smoked no pipe blend that comes remotely close to a good cigar. In fact, I've found most of the pipe blends with cigar leaf to mostly suck. On a positive note, I've grown to significantly prefer pipe tobacco over Cigars. I will however still light up one of the high end 1964 or 1926 (I think these are the highest end Psdron Series) series to enjoy. As good as a cigar gets.

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
There are some nice cigar blends and the best are those that dont try to be cigars. They merely use the leaf as a condiment. Sometimes a cigar is not a cigar....especially when its in a pipe.

Reactions: dottlejockey

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Padron is certainly unique, so trying to fill that exact void, no.

True, pipes and cigars are different beasts, but Cigar Leaf is added to some blends, and blends from Vincent Manil have cigar tones to them.

Maybe these aren’t going to be 100% stogie, but some will be cigar like…