Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

LanfordB01

Lurker
Jun 3, 2024
Don’t have but a few $$$ invested as it came in a large lot…. But I hate to trash a Dunhill…
I’ve cleaned all the cracks, but I doubt it’ll ever be a smoker again…..
thinking about colored epoxy or something ? I just don’t know…. Or trying brown CA and getting her back to as close to original and using as a display as well….

Attachments

• IMG_4380.jpeg
    IMG_4380.jpeg
    127.3 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_4377.jpeg
    IMG_4377.jpeg
    113.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_4376.jpeg
    IMG_4376.jpeg
    107.3 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_4375.jpeg
    IMG_4375.jpeg
    109.3 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_4374.jpeg
    IMG_4374.jpeg
    114.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_4373.jpeg
    IMG_4373.jpeg
    120.4 KB · Views: 25
Reactions: Joe H

LanfordB01

Lurker
Jun 3, 2024
I apologize…. Sent to early…

Any and all input is well and as always, thanks in advance to those who have been down this road before as I’m just getting started.

BrightDarkEyes

Can't Leave
Mar 16, 2024
Shuswap, British Columbia
That pipe has seen better days for sure. I would contact a reputable repair person like Mr. Laug at rebornpipes.com to find out if it’s salvageable. He’s in Canada but your profile doesn’t show your location. Maybe choose one nearest to you.

LanfordB01

Lurker
Jun 3, 2024
That pipe has seen better days for sure. I would contact a reputable repair person like Mr. Laug at rebornpipes.com to find out if it’s salvageable. He’s in Canada but your profile doesn’t show your location. Maybe choose one nearest to you.
Thank you! I will reach out to him. I’ve seen his work on here and he is a master for sure.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
A bowl (or glass) half-full kinda guy. I like it.

Your best hope is to find someone (a silversmith ?) who can band it for you.
Then slather a few layers of pipe mud.

I doubt any repair will hold together without a band.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
File/cut a groove around the bowl about a quarter inch down that's the same depth as the diameter of a nice length of nickel wire, then wrap, twist tight 8-10 turns, cut off the non-twisted part, carve a little recess just the right size to hold it, and bend flat into the recess. Hold there for good with a dab of glue.

Sounds crude, but it's either that or a band, and you definitely don't want to mess with THAT.

Reactions: OzPiper