PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Pipingntrucking

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 9, 2022
Zebulon-JoCo NC
Finally found a purpose for the insane amount of pine straw that I am constantly under barrage of being in the south.

I try to use all the tobacco available, small bits in the bottom of the pouch/tin and all. Sometimes it will find it's way into the draft hole causing a block. Dottle sometimes to. Don't always have a pipe cleaner onhand nor shell out the money on the constant to keep them on hand. So in a pickle I was looking around for something to push some tobacco back through. VOILA! Pine straw! Sturdy enough to push through , flexible enough to contour a bent bit! Needle has enough grit to also lightly clean on pass through. Nub where the straw attaches to the branch acts as a ram.

Natures perfect solution to the problem with more than I will ever use out in the yard!

Chaukisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 31, 2021
Northern Germany
From pine straw to pipe straw, I like it! Moor grasses have often been used in the past to clean out long stemmed clay pipes.

I made a little rod out of a wooden skewer that I sanded down, regular pipe cleaners aren't long enough.
My clay pipe likes to clog and this thing is a real saver. The wood soaks up some of the moisture as well and dries out quick enough for the next use. Perfect for a straight stem.

Jun 18, 2020
Wilmington, NC
We have Long Leaf pines in our yard (Pinus palustris).

From wiki
"The leaves are dark green and needle-like, and occur in bundles of mainly three, sometimes two or four, especially in seedlings. They often are twisted and 20–45 centimetres (7+3⁄4–17+3⁄4 inches) in length."

Reactions: Pipingntrucking