PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Nate King makes some cool pipes, but heres one that really stands out. I thought some of you guys would really get a kick out of it.

Looks like its already sold, but heres a link to his website and a teaser pic

http://www.natekingpipes.com/2011/12/13-11-gear-punk/

zzzzzzzzz0.jpg

ichbinmuede

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2011
That is just awesome and I would love to have one just like it. Those brass accents just get me all fuzzy.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
That is just awesome and I would love to have one just like it. Those brass accents just get me all fuzzy.
I had you in mind when I posted this :D

The price was really more reasonable than I expected. If I would have guessed, I'd have put it at twice the price he listed it for.

ichbinmuede

Feb 17, 2011
Definitely more than reasonable in the price for the quality of work and right up my alley. Haha who knows? I may just have to start putting away some savings to commission another steamy oom paul from the man.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
I like it and appreciate it as art, but I don't know if I'd enjoy smoking it.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
I always say that i like the traditional shapes, full stop. But this thing is simply marvelous.

ichbinmuede

Feb 17, 2011
It's nice but metal parts added are for my "european" taste excesive,redundant.

Maurizio
Definitely excessive but it wouldn't be very steampunk without them. Also I'm not sure if it was intended but in Victorian rooms a bare wall was considered to be poor form as they were supposed to display the home owners interests and personality. So the addition of decoration to the flat surfaces nods not only to steampunk but to Victorian ideas. Looking at it as a piece of art it's a fantastic representation of what steampunk stands for.
As a smoking tool it does require a specific sort of mind to find it appealing.

In short...

Different strokes for different folks. :D

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
With a pipe like this, its going to be love or hate. I'm with Bigvan, and I wouldnt smoke this pipe personally. What I love about it is the creativity, the execution and just the fact that its out there for guys that think its the best thing since sliced bread.

Nate says he will try to log on here later, so if you guys have some questions for him ask away.

pawpaw

Lifer
Jun 25, 2011
cleveland NC
It is a real work of craftmanship and worthy of display.In my younger daze I wood have smoked it but I wont comment on the type of leaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.