PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

seakayak

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 21, 2010
I am sitting here enjoying my first taste of Nat Sherman 536 tobacco. After 35 years of smoking pipes I have become a convert of this incredible blend of black cavendish, virginia, burley, latakia and turkish tobaccos. Has anyone else come across this magical stuff?

robs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 1, 2010
Ironically, especially as I am in the UK, YES, I was introduced to it whilst on a visit to the store back in 2006. Absolutely heavenly.
Best Regards

Rob

surfmac211

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 28, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Kevin turned me onto some of the blends a while back and I love them. If you like the 536 you need to call the store and ask for #649 Old Oxford. It is a blend they only have in the store so you have to get connected with the store tobacconist to make a over the phone order and not get sent to the mail oder section. Here is their number (800)692-4427.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Exactly what surfmac211 said.
The Nat Sherman 536 and 649 are both amazing. I order them 1 lb at a time. Definitely call the store in NY. If you get the mail order division, you have to tell them you need the actual store as you want something they only have there - the 649.
If you like the 536, you need to get the 649 too.
I smoked both of them when I went to NY last year in November to shoot this video and article on Nat Sherman:
http://pipesmagazine.com/blog/pipe-manufacturer-retailer-spotlight/nat-sherman-an-icon-in-luxury-tobacco-for-80-years/
If you just watch the intro of the video and you see me saying that I like the tobacco I just lit, it is the 536.
The next day, I did the Michael Gladis interview and we both smoked the 536 and the 649. He liked the 649 so much that I gave him my bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.