PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

vastator

Lurker
Mar 3, 2011
I saw this pipe on eBay and have been trying to find out more about it. The title called it a savinelli hookah but I really do not think of this as a hookah pipe. Does anyone know if this style is referred to as something else?
Odd Savinelli pipe
I did find that Vauen makes a similar pipe called a lounge pipe but it is not quite the same as this one. Any Ideas?

letsgodowntherabbithole

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 31, 2011
That is very cool, looks like a personal hookah maybe. I love the idea, maybe some of the more handy guys around here could produce some of these :D

vastator

Lurker
Mar 3, 2011
I've seen it once before and I _think_ the box it came in said "bath pipe". Of course google searching on that really does not get you want you want ;)

skylonrow

Might Stick Around
Feb 23, 2011
Great Britain
Ahh the pics are up now, i wasnt able to see them earlier, anyway it looks really nice! I've never seen one of those before but it looks really cool :)

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Lawrence is spot on. The "lounge" or "desk" pipes had some popularity in the late 1940's to mid '50's. I guess they're collector's items. I know that even Dunhill made them at the time.

vastator

Lurker
Mar 3, 2011
Looks like only the Vauen pipe is available overseas but nothing here in the USA. I guess I will have to watch ebay for one to turn up.

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
I wouldn't want a vauen version I would want one like the posted in the first post or this dunhill one...
53Ds-deskpipe2%20$700.jpg

asteroid1

Might Stick Around
Sep 2, 2011
If the bowl size was increased and a few more hoses/mouth pieces added that design would make a good pipe for a 2 or more man pipe

Status
Not open for further replies.