Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Manawydan

Can't Leave
Apr 24, 2024
Southern California, US
These are the daily use items that are permanently out on my desk in support of pipe smoking:

IMG_4651.jpeg

I have two Peterson large tobacco jars. These leather-wrapped jars hold quite a lot of tobacco and keep it nice and moist. I keep Boswell's Best in the brown Grafton jar, and am still deciding which English blend I want to keep in the just-arrived black Avoca jar (tossup between Northwoods, Westminster, and Balkan Sasieni at the moment).

My active canning jar is stored in a foam can koozie in order to keep it sheltered from ambient sunlight (my 8oz Ball jars fit perfectly). I've recently been smoking a single blend for several days at a time, and am currently smoking Haddo's Delight.

I really like the Hide & Drink leather mat and pipe rest -- inexpensive, simple, effective, and have a bit of style. I use an old Cult tobacco tin to dump my ash/dottle into after smoking.

The blue ceramic oblong dish is for all my accessories: IM Corona Old Boy primary lighter, Neerup brush, various tampers, and a couple other bits and bobs.

The round Wales dish is for my filters. I prefer Savinelli 6mm and 9mm balsa filters and occasionally their 9mm charcoal filters. I use the Falcon dry rings when I smoke those pipes. About half of my pipes are filtered in one way or another.

But the star of the show, and my personal favorite accessory of all time, is the Savinelli Table Pipe Accessories Kit. This wooden cylinder holds a generous array of pipe cleaners in the central hollow, and has three sturdy pipe tools with individual handles that magnetically attach to the outside of the cylinder. The tools are quick to access and return and very comfortable to use. The whole thing doesn't take up much space and has been so convenient every time I smoke a pipe. I had to order this from Savinelli directly and it was about 48 Euros.

IMG_4652.jpeg

Uguccione

Can't Leave
Jan 22, 2024
Italy
Congratulations, everything is beautiful and well organized, only I'm not convinced by the two plates, they clash with the rest of the equipment, in my opinion you can do better there.
First of all the filters in sight are not nice to look at, so I would put them closed in a small box, something like a matchbox. Also for the other accessories I would think of something nicer and that fits better with the rest.
These are just my ideas obviously.

Reactions: Manawydan

dottlejockey

Part of the Furniture Now
Looks like a well-organized set up to me. I just have a large glass top table and all manner of pipes laying about, Italians on one side and a big mix on the other. Meers are on my bookshelves. All accessories laying nearby on my edge of the table. Everything accessible and used often. Enjoy!

Reactions: Manawydan

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I have two Peterson large tobacco jars. These leather-wrapped jars hold quite a lot of tobacco and keep it nice and moist.
“Nice” and “moist” are not words I use together for tobacco that I’m smoking.

I really like the Hide & Drink leather mat and pipe rest -- inexpensive, simple, effective, and have a bit of style.
I have a few of their wrench rolls. Really well made and made to be used.
I use an old Cult tobacco tin to dump my ash/dottle into after smoking.
That’s a good use for it. I assume you dumped the contents first?

Manawydan

Can't Leave
Apr 24, 2024
Southern California, US
Congratulations, everything is beautiful and well organized, only I'm not convinced by the two plates, they clash with the rest of the equipment, in my opinion you can do better there.
First of all the filters in sight are not nice to look at, so I would put them closed in a small box, something like a matchbox. Also for the other accessories I would think of something nicer and that fits better with the rest.
These are just my ideas obviously.
The two dishes are personal items that I have repurposed for the time being. I have many small boxes that I use for filters when traveling, but for my desk setup I prefer to have things accessible. Thanks for the response!

Manawydan

Can't Leave
Apr 24, 2024
Southern California, US
“Nice” and “moist” are not words I use together for tobacco that I’m smoking.

I have a few of their wrench rolls. Really well made and made to be used.

That’s a good use for it. I assume you dumped the contents first?
The jars do a good job of maintaining whatever humidity level a blend is at for a reasonably long time. I have had containers that don't do this and dry out my tobacco to a crisp without my intentionally wanting it to happen.