PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

khiddy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 21, 2024
South Bend, Indiana
blog.hallenius.org
While in town yesterday afternoon for an event at Chicago’s University Club, I happily discovered that Iwan Ries is just around the corner, so I dropped my bride off at the club and trotted on over. I had no intention of buying anything more than a tin or two and having a look around, but Douglas is a delightful salesman and I came home with a beautiful new Briarworks bent with some absolutely alluring birdseye in the briar, with flame grain on the end. It was too handsome to pass up.
IMG_8760.jpeg
IMG_8755.jpeg
Oh, and I got some tins as well, but that’s for another thread.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Its a great place. Enjoy the new pipe.
I was in Chicago a few weeks ago with the family. The wife and I stopped in at Iwan Ries, but unfortunately we were pressed for time, so I only spent a little more than an hour in there. The wife picked out a 60's era estate Iwan Ries leather wrapped billiard for me. Douglas and Harry were great and super friendly, and I could have spent all day there talking with them, and exploring the shop. Even my wife thought it was a cool place, and was conversing with them. While I was talking with Douglas, Harry took my wife on a tour of the shop and lounge and she took a bunch of pics for me. Such a cool place.

• Love
Reactions: khiddy

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
I ordered an estate off their website and when it came I realized it was a "sitter" - couldn't tell that from the description when I ordered other than I guess if you know your Dunhill numbers (I don't!) you would figure that out. I still loved it in hand and would have been happy to keep it, but . . . it didn't "sit", lol. Called the shop, was asked to send it back and just got the replacement I exchanged it for (and ordered a little extra tobacco just because). Great customer service. I also learned from the first phone conversation it is apparently "I-vohn" - I honestly had no idea how it was pronounced and I suppose no reason to know, but . . . now I do! Next time we make it to the Chicago area will be stopping in.

• Love
Reactions: khiddy