PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

isteen

Might Stick Around
Jan 31, 2010
Denmark
I visited my local baccy pusher today, and bought a tin of the very best (in my opinion) - Paul Olsen's My Own Blend.

I was recommende to try out the shops own special blend (FF Ingers Blend), a mild and pretty neutral tasting tobacco.

I remember when there was a very sweet and fruity tobacco called Royal Danish. That particular tobacco are now a part of the My Own Blend series, under the name Royal Blend. If you haven't tried it, I recommend you give it a go.
I think that Royal Blend is my favorite in the series - what's yours?

MY OWN BLEND
Another thing - how much do you spend on smoking pipe?

I think my daily cost is around $2.0

sinistertopiary

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 5, 2009
Toronto
Another thing - how much do you spend on smoking pipe?

I think my daily cost is around $2.0
That's a good question.
I suppose it depends on a number of variables. Here in Canada the average 50g comes to about $22.50. I seem to get around 25-40 bowls per 50g, let's say 35 average. I smoke an average of 2 bowls a day (once on weekdays, several on weekends). Figure in pipe cleaners, lighting method (matches, lighter fluid, beeline)...
Yeah, a bit less than $2.00 / day.
Return on Value: A+!

chuckw

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2009
Before Lane and Dunghill deserted us here in the USA, I mixed 5# of 965 with 1# of Nightcap. Now it is straight McCelland 5110.
As for how much I spend, I've never stopped to figure it out. I'd probably scare myself silly if I did.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
My local shop has a blend that they call "Yorkshire", very much like Tinder Box's Wilshire.

Mild, sweet, good room note, and inexpensive.

I buy it by the pound.

sapo59

Can't Leave
Dec 29, 2009
Money been pretty tight for me, here latly been about $2.40 a week on a pouch of A ounce and a half of prince albert.

ghost45

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 16, 2010
My three Favorites
McCranies Red Ribbon

Samuel Gawith Full Virginia Flake

Escudo Navy Deluxe

dunendain

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 22, 2009
When money is tight for me. My go to mix is Lane 1Q mixed 50/50 with Prince Albert. I really like the mix, and you could hardly beat the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.