PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

martin

Might Stick Around
Apr 26, 2011
After reading about peoples love of the meer and the difference in smoking with one of these white wonders, I decided I had to try one.

!B-oWumQEWk~$(KGrHqN,!hcEzd86rgwrBM9QPfEjIQ~~_12.JPG

!B-oW4u!CGk~$(KGrHqN,!iUEzOHrQPNzBM9QP-Swug~~_12.JPG

It's a IMP Blowfish from ebay and its coming from Turkey. $92USD including shipping to Australia. Might take a while to get here but by then I may have also bought a beautiful Peterson meer I spotted on on the sponsor sites.
I hope its a decent pipe, can't wait to fill it up and see how it smokes.

See what you people have done to me?

ivan08

Might Stick Around
Sep 2, 2010
im going buy one very soon! im very curious about that type of pipes! they looks great and every meer smoker talks about the good smoking qualities of this material.
I think some friends of this forum are meer smokers, (reviews please and give us some information :) )and talk a little about how we can select a good one; i read a lot about briar but i dont know much about meers

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
One of our members "Fred" is quite knowledgeable.

He'll say he's not an expert... but, he's top of the heap around here.

Here is a link to his articles/blogs.

I recommend that you read them all if you really want to know about meerschaums.

From understanding the coloring process and how to promote good color using "best practices" to actually buying one and what to look for. You will find "related" links at the end of each posting.

This is a great place to start... prepare to be fascinated:
Slave to the White Goddess

nemrod

Can't Leave
Apr 28, 2011
Sweden
Thanks for sharing that Lawrence, good info!
I've been looking at various meers for a while now tempted to buy. Have to wait until my wallet has recovered from my previous TAD and PAD purchases the last month though :/
Also, that's a nice blowfish meer! :)

wallbright

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 22, 2010
For the new Meerschaum smokers, meerschaums are great pipes as long as you have one with proper drilling and a good stem. If it passes the pipe cleaner test you should be good. Unlike briars, if it doesn't pass the pipe cleaner well you will have a problem. Meerschaums become soft when wet (just the wet part so the bottom of the bowl and the bowl end of the shank) so if you are jamming a pipe cleaner down in there you could make a deep indent eventually. I have only experienced this with one of my meers but luckily it wasn't any major damage.
Let us know how your meer smokes!

Status
Not open for further replies.