Status
Not open for further replies.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Nice pipe but...

If that pipe can be disassembled in any way, I think you should do so,

and keep it that way unless you are smoking it. Otherwise, heap bad medicine.

Check out this video on Indian stuff. Another gem from PipesMagazine.
The short explanation is that an assembled, ready to go pipe is an invitation

to the gods to descend into your presence. If they do, and you're not smoking,

well Kemosabe, you're in heap big doo-doo.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
With a pipe like that....

All the rituals should be observed...

Tobacco Prep.

Proper Pack.

Char and True lights.

And, above all... have your head in the right place.
I like the pipe.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
I have owned NA pipes and used a few with some of my very distant relatives on the LCO res up North. Proper mindset is a must.

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
A great looking pipe brandybuck. I don't think you should disassemble it. The pipe is constructed in such a way to please the proper spirits/gods. If you take it apart and forget which segment goes where and put it back together wrong, it would mean a big heap of doo doo comes your way. Each tribe had its own sequence and if you mess with it, you would mess up the magic spell associated with it.

juozapas

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2010
Barrie,Ontario,CANADA
Yes...I've heard about certain "respects" for this type of pipe....it should be observed.

Beautiful find, and a definite keeper !! I bet it has many, many, many, stories.

mrbrandybuck

Might Stick Around
Aug 17, 2010
Massachusetts
The pipe cost me 55$ and I bought it from http://peace-pipes.com/ This pipe is the best tasting pipe I have ever smoked. The only problem I have with it is the bowl is tiny compared to my other pipes. From the time I ordered it to the time it arrived was only about 3 days and it came all the way from Arizona so I was surprised when it showed up so early. It has easily become my favorite pipe, just wish the bowl was bigger. They sell bigger ones up to 300$ I bought a cheap one but it is still very high quality. It is made from wood, leather, rabbit fur, beads, feathers and the bowl is made from a deer antler.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Congratulations on the good buy.

I'm pleased that it smokes so good.

There is something to say for a small bowl.

I have 3 or 4 pipes with bowls that I cannot get my little finger into to the first knuckle. They all smoke beautifully.

mrbrandybuck

Might Stick Around
Aug 17, 2010
Massachusetts
One benefit of a small bowl is I can smoke a few different kinds of tobacco in the time it'd take to smoke 1 bowl of 1 kind. I sometimes get sick of smoking the same kind of tobacco for a long time.

spacecowboy57

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 14, 2010
I got a late 19th century chinese tobacco/opium pipe. it's awesome looking and nice and cool smoking. It doesn't really disassemble so i can't take it anywhere, plus if a cop saw it they would probably think i was smoking something "stronger" than tobacco. The bowl is also about a third the size of most of my pipes, but i guess you're right i could jus smoke a nice variety.
your pipe is cool, i think i will put one on my wish list.

Status
Not open for further replies.