PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sjmiller CPG

(sjmiller)
May 8, 2015
Morgan County, Tennessee
Bought this yesterday afternoon. It is coming from Belgium so it may take a while but will post more pics when I get it. It is from the English era "London made" over "England".
peterson.jpg

K

klause

That is screaming Robert McConnell Latakia Flake at me!!
Beautiful pipe, SJ - love those old blasts - a gorgeous shape.
I doubt you will be disappointed.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
What an impressive pipe, the size of the bowl and that finish. I enjoy my one P-Lip (Rhody 999 Killarney) though I wouldn't buy a second one. This post makes me want to go back and Google the Peterson history for the chapter when they were making the pipes in England. With all the turmoil between the two countries, it must be a unique history.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Welcome to my addiction! That is gorgeous. That seller is a club member, I have a Sina enroute. His shipping and communication is fantastic. Mine should be delivered this week.

Sjmiller CPG

(sjmiller)
May 8, 2015
Morgan County, Tennessee
Well, the above pictured Peterson is missing. It departed Garden City, New York at 8:42 am on July 31st and has not been heard from since. No tracking updates. It was sent registered mail so one would think that it would scanned at least on occasion. Maybe it will turn up in the next day or two but images keeping popping into my head of it being in the hands of some disgruntled postal worker that chews stems into nothingness and smokes only gloppy aromatics that cost three dollars a pound. I can hear him now laughing and saying, "This stuff is great! It doesn't even taste like tobacco!" Oh, the horror.

lightmyfire

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 23, 2013
Belgium
Hello Mr sjmiller,

I am the vendor of this beautiful Peterson's.

Honestly, I don't know how much time it takes between Garden City in NY to your destination, I just checked that the distance is around 670 miles, in my opinion, it should have reached you indeed, but we are still in an 'acceptable' lead time. I am wondering if during summer, USPS employees on holidays are being replaced by temporary workers.

I really hope that there won't be any issue and that it arrives safely :/ Of course, in the worse case, you are protected by the Paypal customer service and even if it was not the case, I would refund you as I am responsible of the shipping till it arrives in your hands.
Here is another comparable Peterson's I am selling : http://www.ebay.com/itm/321803681206?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_sacat%3D0%26_nkw%3D321803681206%26_rdc%3D1

Sjmiller CPG

(sjmiller)
May 8, 2015
Morgan County, Tennessee
I appreciate your post and have nothing but good things to say about our transaction. I wasn't worried about the money to be quite honest, I was just venting. I was also expecting a pre-1955 Yello Bole blasted bulldog today but when I checked the tracking number for it I was told that it had been delayed. No explanation. The post office just managed to upset me today.
That is a nice looking Peterson as well but my pipe money for the month is gone. I will be checking out your auctions in the future.
Thanks for the concern.
Sammy

lightmyfire

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 23, 2013
Belgium
I understand you are not complaining, I just wanted to reassure you about that point, and of course I pray that all will be fixed soon.
Here is the gallery of your pipe : http://estate-pipes-belgium.com//galerie/galerie.php?pipe=19b0715b6d040b8f60e850090bfc277ac80478a2

lightmyfire

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 23, 2013
Belgium
I am glad to say that there is an update of the tracking, the parcel left Providence, RI, yesterday evening.

:worship:

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
I was checking the tracking of a package, damn thing is still in New York after a week, hasn't even crossed the border! Checked the mail box five minutes later and there it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.