PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

marlow-se

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2022
Sweden
I do actually have an estate Peterson african meer but this is my first new turkish meer. I have decided to ignore all the stuff you read about not touching it for the first however many bowls and rewaxing periodically. Just going to smoke it and enjoy it.

I had been considering buying a meer and I just sold a bunch of pipes to smokingpipes.eu so I had a little extra money and this one spoke to me when I was surfing around the different websites.

20240530_182130.jpg

BrightDarkEyes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 16, 2024
Shuswap, British Columbia
Great pipe! I love Dublins, especially bent, and Altinay Meerschaums.

I was lucky enough to watch Bremen Pipe Smoker on YouTube to find out about meerschaum before I bought one so I never owned one with fear of the material. For example, I smoke mine outside when it is lower than -20C. Today I filled my Andreas Bauer meerschaum with Haunted Bookshop and did yard work.

In fact, I’m still smoking the same pipe and this is the third time I’ve filled it. My second bowl was Burley Flake #3, and now I’m onto some Mr. B’s English Mix ( Sutliff Medium English). I have been able to enjoy each blend without any kind of ghosting or flavour overlap from one bowl to the next. I smoke anything I want to in this pipe including heavy aromatics.

When I leave home for a day or more I usually just take a meerschaum and a few different blends and smoke the same pipe over and over.

I doubt I will ever wax any of mine.

Enjoy!