PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

/Adam\

Might Stick Around
Jul 17, 2024
Pennsylvania
Untill now i I’ve only bought cobs and a few cheaper eBay estate pipes. I’ve had lots of trouble deciding on which new Pipe to buy. Figured I can’t go wrong with the Matches 860 Friday Savinelli so I pulled the trigger. They sent me an Oceano by mistake, I dont really care for the baby blue swirl on this pipe or I’d have just kept it. had to send it back and play the waiting game some more. Not the best luck for my first new pipe buying experience. And the bad luck seems to have continued too. This Particular pipe is a little wonky in a few spots. The bowl looks like it is chunkier on one side, where the shank meets the bowl isn’t too symmetrical on both sides either. It’s a little wonky but I’m not too picky. Guess I’ll just have to take the good with the bad and hope for better next time. IMG_1901.jpegIMG_1900.jpegIMG_1901.jpegIMG_1901.jpeg

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Untill now i I’ve only bought cobs and a few cheaper eBay estate pipes. I’ve had lots of trouble deciding on which new Pipe to buy. Figured I can’t go wrong with the Matches 860 Friday Savinelli so I pulled the trigger. They sent me an Oceano by mistake, I dont really care for the baby blue swirl on this pipe or I’d have just kept it. had to send it back and play the waiting game some more. Not the best luck for my first new pipe buying experience. And the bad luck seems to have continued too. This Particular pipe is a little wonky in a few spots. The bowl looks like it is chunkier on one side, where the shank meets the bowl isn’t too symmetrical on both sides either. It’s a little wonky but I’m not too picky. Guess I’ll just have to take the good with the bad and hope for better next time. View attachment 339295View attachment 339296View attachment 339295View attachment 339295
I don't notice anything off about it in the photos. I think many/most pipes are slightly wonky in some places when closely examined. I think it is a very fine looking pipe, and 2 of my all-time favorite pipes have been unfinished Savinelli Series IIIs.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

Roach1

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 25, 2023
Germany
Nice pipe. I only have one Savinelli Dolimiti 311KS and it smokes very well. My next Sav will be a 673KS maybe the spigot version.