PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lohengrin

Lifer
Jun 16, 2015
Today I want to show the pipes I made with bamboo. Since my uncle manufactures bamboo handles for famous handbags brands I can pick up this material from him.

The first is all bamboo except the briar inner bowl.
y0NqkGel.jpg

This is a basket pipe. I added the bamboo and modified the stem
sDhzkpQl.jpg

The next is Big Bamboo. I didn't want to shorten the nice block of briar and the bowl became 12 cm. tall.
auoUHPRh.jpg
fycE7e1l.jpg

Snaky Volcano:
M0BqR0Oh.jpg
izFSvXKh.jpg

The last is Alabaster. I used an alabaster bell I buyed in Volterra, Tuscany, where there are mines with this kind of stone. The inner bowl is briar.
L5r91sYl.jpg
7xMnbvxl.jpg
DXFDNmsh.jpg

Fixed thread title, please see rule number 9. Pertinent portion: Please capitalize words in the thread titles. Thank you, Robert.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Those are very nice pipes. I especially like the converted basket pipe and Big Bamboo. The bamboo look is really growing on me lately. The snake? Too far from my stodgy old ideas of what a pipe should look like, but excellent execution nonetheless. Someone will see it and simply have to have it, I bet.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Very nice! The alabaster bell pipe is very unique and quite pretty to look at. :puffy:

wirtsleg

Lurker
Aug 12, 2015
these are nice looking, the bamboo is very unique, first ones i've seen like this, good job :)

jmatt

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 25, 2014
I love the first one. Have any top-down pics showing the inner briar bowl?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I don't think it is easy to integrate bamboo into other materials to make a unified looking pipe, but these are done really well. I think you get the stain on the briar right, so it melds to some degree with the bamboo.

Status
Not open for further replies.