PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

captainbob

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 5, 2010
I would suggest the GL Pease and Craig Tarler C&D Blend mamed Two Friends - Heritage. It is flavored with Plum, Rum and Maple very lightly and comes across with wonderful Virginia flavor. In addition, I would recommend my own blend with C&D called Captain Bob's Pot O' Gold Mixture. Similar to Heritage with a bit more Maple and a bit deeper Burley element. Both are wonderful smokes for a light aromatic that is pleasing to others while you have the full flavor of tobacco and a very delightful light aroma.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

lankfordjl

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2011
Texas
A perfect mild aromatic is Short Cut to Mushrooms. Definitely a must for a new pipe smoker. it's sold by justforhim.com. It's like a mild English tobacco/aromatic blend with hints of vanilla and caramel.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I'm looking for a blend just full of flavor thay has a really pleasant aroma. My wife loves the smell of cigar smoke
I would find a good e-tailer, call 'em up, and get some guidance from them. Try one of the site sponsors. And if you buy bulks, buy an ounce (or 2) - don't buy more,you may not care for it, and then you are stuck.
If you have smoked cigars, don't be afraid of the stuff that smells like a campfire. That's probably latakia, and if you have smoked cigars, you might well enjoy the fuller flavors of latakia based blends. 5 minutes talking to someone online, on the phone, will get you farther than posting here, and increase the odds of finding something you enjoy. Happy smoking. :puffy:

Jul 15, 2011
I second the idea that the campfire smell you are talking about is Latakia. A lot of guys on the forum like it, some don't. I myself love it, but I generally only smoke it when it gets colder outside. Every once in a while it strikes me though. The taste of Latakia can be very similar to a good, full bodied cigar, but it is a lot smoother and will taste a little different from blend to blend depending on what it is mixed with. If you want a smoke that is both great smelling and full of taste, that can be tough to find but there are a few. Shortcut to Mushrooms by just for him is a crossover between English and aromatic, and it is great stuff. C&Ds Habana Daydreams is a light English with some Latakia and some cigar leaf thrown in, so if you like cigars you might want to try that one. You could also try taking a good aromatic and mixing it with an English blend. This might get you some surprising results. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.