PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Choatecav

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 19, 2023
Middle Tennessee
All I can say is "wow."
First big pipe show that I have ever attended and it was an experience. It was packed with attendees and hundreds upon hundreds of the most beautiful pipes I have ever seen.
I was like a kid in a candy store....

Bought five pipes. A new one and some great estates.

a) A new hand made poke by Randy Smith of Ranz Pipes. Made of Morta wood which I have been wanting.
b) A beautiful Vauen model 3501
c) Gorgeous Aldo Velanie 301. Made in Sorento Italy
d) Old classic from The Tinder Box. Made of Grecian Briar
e) squat bulldog shaped "nose warmer" Unknown maker.

Can't wait until next year!!

Morta wood poker.jpgVauen 3501.jpgAldo Velani 301 Sorento Italy.jpgThe Tinder Box.jpgbulldog style.jpg

Choatecav

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 19, 2023
Middle Tennessee
Could you smoke on the show floor?
Yes, a large number of the attendees were smoking as they browsed the tables (myself included). Many of the vendors were smoking as well. Another thing that was interesting was how many of the attendees donned not only their best smoking attire but also some dressed in different period garb. I saw a few in the vein of Sherlock Holmes. I saw early 20's and 30's styles, Scottish kilts, etc. etc.
Really a fun time.

Oddball

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 29, 2022
TN
Flat cap piper has a great video of the show up on YouTube.
I'm goon in the yellow hat checking him in.
There were over 500 folks there this year. I've never been to any other pipe shows but I overheard more than one vendor say it was the best in the country and this year was the best yet. Vermont Freehand has some good coverage on their instagram as well.

telemitry

Lurker
Aug 28, 2023
Agreed… Pete Prevost and crew put on a heck of a show this year . I always go saying I’m not gonna spend much this year and per usual fail. Had a great chat with Brad Pohlmann and Silver Gray and picked up a piece from each and enjoyed chatting with some very talented carvers . Pete’s going to outgrow that space in a year or two 💯

IMG_1146.jpeg

flyerdog

Lurker
Dec 12, 2013
Ranz pipe w
All I can say is "wow."
First big pipe show that I have ever attended and it was an experience. It was packed with attendees and hundreds upon hundreds of the most beautiful pipes I have ever seen.
I was like a kid in a candy store....

Bought five pipes. A new one and some great estates.

a) A new hand made poke by Randy Smith of Ranz Pipes. Made of Morta wood which I have been wanting.
b) A beautiful Vauen model 3501
c) Gorgeous Aldo Velanie 301. Made in Sorento Italy
d) Old classic from The Tinder Box. Made of Grecian Briar
e) squat bulldog shaped "nose warmer" Unknown maker.

Can't wait until next year!!

View attachment 294632View attachment 294633View attachment 294639View attachment 294637View attachment 294640
ould be “Ron” Smith