PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozezombie

Lurker
Sep 21, 2012
I just ordered a Mr Brog churchwarden (pearwood) off of Ebay and noticed that it only cost 13 pounds on there (with postage) and the same pipe costs 23 pounds (or so) without postage.

I was just wondering if I should be concerned at all about being sold a pipe that's not actually a Mr Brog or anything like that with Ebay. You know, being scammed or anything like that?
Seeing as this is my first pipe I wanted to ensure I don't get put off of a seemingly great hobby by some merchant on Ebay potentially rooking me.

On a semi-related note, any tips for a newbie coming in at the ground level with a pearwood churchwarden?
Thanks for reading.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Brogs are very inexpensive pipes so I couldn't imagine someone counterfeiting one. Post a pic or a link to the auction. There's several Brog owners on here. They'll tell you for sure.

boozezombie

Lurker
Sep 21, 2012
Ah, thanks for that. Here's my little purchase.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261076160738?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

boozezombie

Lurker
Sep 21, 2012
Hmm, well it's certainly the least expensive I've seen a brand new pipe worth smoking. Thanks for your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.