Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Dr. Internet

Might Stick Around
After over 30 years in SA, we are heading East. The kids moved out several years ago and there is nothing holding us here. We miss our grand-kids and really don't like the 17 - 24 hour road trips anymore. Georgia seems like a nice place, so we are heading that direction.
Point is, I started packing for the move and found a cardboard box in a closet. In that box I found a large Mason jar filled with Dunhill Nightcap. I found some other jars filled with McClelland 5110, 2012 Peterson Christmas, Dunhill Early Morning Pipe, several tins of Dunhill 965, some Royal Yacht, MacBaren Navy Flake, and Peterson University Flake. I think I am set for a while!

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Make sure @cosmicfolklore and his ruthless band of highwaymen don't intercept you and abscond with your stash while you're en route. Scuttlebutt is, the best way to keep them at bay is to coat every jar and tin with a thin layer of the goopiest black cavendish aromatic you can find, and simply let their nasal cavities take it from there. Of course, you then invite obvious trouble from @anotherbob to your north, but with a haul like you've got, that's simply a risk you have to be willing to take. I would. But knowing me, I'd get all scrambled and do it backwards, coating all my aromatics (not really a cav guy, save for Lane BCA) with a layer of McClelland 5110. At least that's what the lady with the crystal ball and the incense-releasing pyramid thingy said would happen.

Oh yeah, have a safe trip! 👍

Dr. Internet

Might Stick Around
Make sure @cosmicfolklore and his ruthless band of highwaymen don't intercept you and abscond with your stash while you're en route. Scuttlebutt is, the best way to keep them at bay is to coat every jar and tin with a thin layer of the goopiest black cavendish aromatic you can find, and simply let their nasal cavities take it from there. Of course, you then invite obvious trouble from @anotherbob to your north, but with a haul like you've got, that's simply a risk you have to be willing to take. I would. But knowing me, I'd get all scrambled and do it backwards, coating all my aromatics (not really a cav guy, save for Lane BCA) with a layer of McClelland 5110. At least that's what the lady with the crystal ball and the incense-releasing pyramid thingy said would happen.

Thanks for the heads-up. We plan to travel at night, using back roads and avoiding the interstates. I am also moving the gun safe and will take out the guns and put the tobacco into the safe. We are renting a nondescript van with West coast plates. I've got a 5 gal bucket filled with fish guts to mask the beautiful aroma. I'm not too worried about Louisiana and Mississippi, but I hear those guys in Alabama can be a little troublesome. Thanks for wishes!

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Had hard time locating the geographic region. When I see "SA", I usually think South Africa. Then moving to Georgia. Now if this was truly South Africa and I would guess Georgia as in Europe. But I'm thinking that a warzone or very close to one. So, maybe SA meant South America? Makes sense. But why to Georgia? Maybe he was in Argentina and know a lot of people from around Georgia. Then I clicked on drop down. San Antonio? Of all places? Texas? Yeah, land of every other streets and buildings named "Peachtree" is where I want to spend next few decades.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA

I guess your cut will be short this month

bpinkstaff

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 2, 2024
Rockton, il
After over 30 years in SA, we are heading East. The kids moved out several years ago and there is nothing holding us here. We miss our grand-kids and really don't like the 17 - 24 hour road trips anymore. Georgia seems like a nice place, so we are heading that direction.
Point is, I started packing for the move and found a cardboard box in a closet. In that box I found a large Mason jar filled with Dunhill Nightcap. I found some other jars filled with McClelland 5110, 2012 Peterson Christmas, Dunhill Early Morning Pipe, several tins of Dunhill 965, some Royal Yacht, MacBaren Navy Flake, and Peterson University Flake. I think I am set for a while!
Nice find for sure!

Reactions: Dr. Internet

Dr. Internet

Might Stick Around
I keep trying to figure out what SA means. Does it stand for Saudi Arabia. If so, you will probably find South Georgia to be a lot like that, without the money. puffy
San Antonio, Home of the Alamo, Largest City in Northern Mexico, Gateway to the Midwest (from the south).
They say Phoenix is hotter, but it's a dry heat. We don't have any dry heat here; it's just hot.
We don't just eat Tex-Mex; we also speak it.
Seventh largest city in the USA.
Four and a half hours to the eastern border of Texas, eight hours to the western border, five hours to the northern border, and three hours to the international border to the south.
90,000 veterans call SA home.

Reactions: cosmicfolklore