chiefwannapuff

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 13, 2017
1icACz9.jpg

t3VxXxe.jpg

chiefwannapuff

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 13, 2017
I see that for a majority of these posts, I've been given the task of minding the cricket farm.

Obviously, in the all the excitement, I wasn't taking the hint. :)
It was a nice diversion. Be well, be kind, and never forget, unwind.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
You have been doing a nice job chiefwannapuff, at least you were trying something new unlike most of us. Don't lose your hope buddy, I had I don't know how many threads that received zero response in the past. Why don't you share with us the tobacco you smoke? Or the tobacco that smokes best in a bamboo pipe?

sumusfumus

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2017
New York City
Actually, and I should have this posted sooner, admire your innovation and artistic handling of such a common material. Kudos. I think some designs work better than others, but all are very nice. My favorite: The little "horn" straight pipe at the bottom.
Do you sell pipes?
Frank

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I haven't been around much for a day or two. I like your bamboo pipes as well. :clap:

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I've been given the task of minding the cricket farm.
Just don't post a gif of a chirping cricket. That ruffles feathers. :rofl: Long story. :mrgreen:

epsilon2

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 9, 2015
I love bamboo ,and you make great work with that Chief ...

Have you ever thought to make a RC calabash using bamboo with an inserted briar or olive wood bowl?

Im jelous that you have a forest of the magical bamboo..

Greetings from Rhodes :)

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
I've enjoyed seeing your creations..

The pipe making tradition is rigid when it comes to shapes so I think we are conditioned to a degree when it comes to accepting or at least considering designs that don't follow certain guidelines.
Chief, did you see the bamboo calabash that Nate King made for the GKCPS?

chiefwannapuff

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 13, 2017
Hey, guys. I didn't leave. I believe that I was "information overload" and backed off. I took a few days off from builds and forums to work on my Etsy shop. I really can't discuss sales here, I'm sure. But I do like feedback on new designs, good, bad or otherwise, (I'll keep the bad ones :) ). Then I can share with you the things I've discovered. For instance, Bamboo get's wet, like briar, but it's more like a sponge as there is a paper-like lining inside - which can swell up or clog on thin stems, and has to be given time to dry between smokes.
I pulled out my Camera gear and did some better photography. Sample below, (unless the mod pulls it - understandably).
jvnshr, I have been visiting other threads and plan to do more.
Episolon2, I'll add that attempt to the list. Bamboo is an invasive species. It grows in a wide range of climates. I've already been approached by someone whom needs his patch parred down. Say he has some 25 year old trees, some are 4" in diameter, (oh, gift boxes. Hmm).
blurgrassbrian. I did a search and did not find the calabash from Nate.
It's late. Time for a final bowl of Captain Black Royal, I like it with a cold can of bustelo chocolate coffee. It's an awesomely warm night for toking and thinking, and more toking...
ab8rX8s.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.